I will be hanging out with one of my favorite artists and spending time with him and his band the weekend of July 16th. I have previously met him and he has agreed to sign my epiphone aj-100vs acoustic guitar. I have provided a picture of the guitar. I was wondering what the best way to preserving this signature would be. I have read that signing with an acrylic pen and then applying acrylic clear coat is the best way. I plan on getting the guitar signed on the lower right section of the 'burst in perspective to the picture. Thanks for the help guys.
may i ask who the artist is?
MM Stingray
MIA P Bass
MIM Jazz Bass
GK 700RB-II Head
GK 410SBX Cab
Sansamp 3 Ch. DI
Crybaby Bass Wah
Bass Big Muff
DD3 Delay

MIA Strat
Nashville Tele
Martin 00015M
Hot Rod Deluxe
Big Muff
DS1
Hendrix Crybaby Wah
SHARPIE lul

EDIT: Nice double post
My Gear:
Taylor 410CE
Fender Highway One Strat HSS
Egnater Rebel 112X
Egnater Rebel 20
Digitech RP350
PIRATES!!!

Quote by VolumeControl
I once hypnotized my pet rock,. He just sat there...hypnotized out of his mind.
Last edited by BradTheUGer at Jun 6, 2010,
Matt Maher, a Christian artist. He's a good guitarist/songwriter and I've thought about pursuing Christian music as a career so it'll mean a lot when I get it signed.

@Brad I guess I'll just use a sharpie then. Thanks.
I don't have time to search for the actual link right now, but this website has an article on this.... www.frets.com

Gear:
Partscaster/Tele into a bunch of pedals, a Maz 18 head, and a Z Best cab.
I got mine signed by Tommy Emmanuel He does it just above the neck where it joins onto the body. But the "L" has worn away
I wouldn't get your guitar signed but rather an album cover or a photo of the two of you. Just my opinion.