I heard steve vai practice guitar for 10 hours a day straight and I wanted to know were I can get the Lesson/Tabs for this schedule online i heard there was one published way back in the 80s in a guitar mag then in 2004 he came out with a 30 hour workout which was 10 hours a day for 3 days in a row
Donnell McKnignt
never heard of this.....fascinated
1979 Fender Telecaster
Vox Valvetronix 30w
Dunlop Wah
Digitech Flanger
Brian May Red Special Pedal
Yeah i found the tabs on this site but shouldnt there be like a actual lesson with it? like how long to play each figure and how because it dosnt look like 10 hours of material
Donnell McKnignt
Quote by DonnellMcKnight
Yeah i found the tabs on this site but shouldnt there be like a actual lesson with it? like how long to play each figure and how because it dosnt look like 10 hours of material

It's probably something like "once finished, move this up one fret and repeat until fretboard is completed". Upon completing all exercises in this manner, repeat all until time is up :P
And no, Guitar Hero will not help. Even on expert. Really.
Soundcloud
The thing with the 10 hour and 30 hour workouts is that he outlines concepts. He even mentions that it's up to you to find your own examples. The examples he provides are simple chromatic ones. There are a myriad of exercises on the 'net, and my favourite source of exercises is songs. Get hunting!
New To Town With A Made Up Name

In The Angel's City

Chasing Fortune And Fame
09/03/2012
THIS might come in handy one day...

I know Jeff Loomis used to practice 9-11 hours per day when he was 15-16.