Got a question UG. I'm applying for a job (FYE if it matters) and in the employment history section I would like to put my two years of teaching guitar. However, in the application, it asks for a company name and the name of your supervisor. Should I just make up a company name and put myself as my supervisor or leave it off and mention it in the interview if I get one?
Quote by Pernell
Don't lie, dummy

just say you taught guitar

I can't, there's nowhere to put that. It's either say teaching guitar was part of a company or leave it out.
no, leave it out. Teaching guitar is a good skill, but really isn't what they're asking for and it'd probably look like a negative overall. Just apply with what you can and go in for the interview and show them that you're as responsible as people who've had six other jobs.

I was in this situation last summer, filling out applications, but I didn't have any formal work experience. I just did construction with my dad till then and was always in sports so I never had time. But just apply, then come in a week later to follow up, try to find a manager to clear up that even though you don't have a resume, you're still a great choice as an employee.
Quote by Strato-Massacre
yeah you shouldnt have told the pit to rape your mom.

Quote by Kensai
It's not sexist, girls are just too stupid and weak to hold up doors and stuff for themselves.
there should be a place for volunteer work and other things youve done.

teaching guitar isnt really an occupation that they would care about though. they want a more professional kind of thing.
Just put "self employed" or whatever. They probably won't give a shit, to be honest, since that's not really a "job" in the sense that you've got a boss and have responsibilities with things like stocking shelves and working cash registers and interacting with everyday people, but at the same time it couldn't hurt your chances.