So I was writing a song and I went into drumsite to add bass to it. I have a chord that goes like this

x

What bass note would I put over this? The closest I can get is C but thats not it. I'll probably have to do a combination of notes, so if I do which ones?
Dmsus2/C I believe

EDIT: I read it wrong. He is right ^

I thought it said:
-----0----
-----3---
-----2---
-----0---
-----3---
-----x-----
Quote by sadSTATUE
Uhmmm... Well, apparently I was mentioned in a thread called "Japan and Lesbians."

Quote by Unknown_Biskit
Try typing "potatoes" with your dick then submit it.

My cover of Manchester Orchestra's "I Can Feel Your Pain"
http://www.mediafire.com/?jfvt54j4mkiiq99
Last edited by gatechballer at Jun 6, 2010,
Quote by swarley
I don't know any theory but I think it's a Cadd9.

That's what it looks like to me too.

So the obvious choices for bass notes would be E, C, G or/and D considering they're the notes which make up the chord.
And no, Guitar Hero will not help. Even on expert. Really.
Soundcloud
Yeah, it's Cadd9, and the root note you should play on the bass is C, on the third fret of the third string.
You are now using UG Black.
You are now using UG Classic.

Listening to: Coltrane

The apple always falls close to the tree, but the tree always falls on the power lines.
Change the octave of those notes, sometimes for god knows what reason, it throws the note into the "correct" pitch by the ear.
I hate people. Especially black people.
Maybe make D the root instead of C. I don't have my guitar with me, but I feel like D is the only other note there that could sound good as the root, while keeping the chord what it is.
Quote by sadSTATUE
Uhmmm... Well, apparently I was mentioned in a thread called "Japan and Lesbians."

Quote by Unknown_Biskit
Try typing "potatoes" with your dick then submit it.

My cover of Manchester Orchestra's "I Can Feel Your Pain"
http://www.mediafire.com/?jfvt54j4mkiiq99
I finished the song. I still couldnt figure out what sounded best with the chord so I just didn't put any bass over that chord. I guess not having it sounds much better than having something that sounds horrible. You can listen to it on my profile its called Random Song.
Well the bass note (which also happens to be the root note) of the chord is C. If you wanted to make it an inversion, you could make the bass note E or G (first and second inversion respectively). As long as you're using a chord tone, it should fit, whether it's what you're looking for or not.
Only play what you hear. If you don’t hear anything, don’t play anything.
-Chick Corea
Last edited by food1010 at Jun 6, 2010,
The chord is C-E-G-D-E.
It's a C Major chord with a D as its 9th, so perhaps a C?
But you're better off just trying to put a C, E, D or a G as the bass note and see which one fits the best.
ERROR 0x45: Signature not found
I use that chord all the time, and it almost always functions as a C.

evan's fun tip : Slide the position up two frets and keep the open strings, sounds great if you can fit it in key.