Not sure if this is the right place but I know alot of people go here...
If not then sorry in advance..

I was wondering if anyone that knows how to learn songs by ear really quickly or easily would be able to listen to the following video and just tell me the basic chords, or where to start even!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tjWj-Dyv8HU

It starts at :38 seconds, so just that little part after and i can work with that!! I've been trying to look for so long for this tab and asking everyone to help, and hours by myself trying but I can't even get half of it yet!

Please help if you have the skills/time!! Thanks...
I thought this thread would involve Tom Hanks...

DirtEdit: sorry, getting an error message from YT.
funkyducky

Icing happen when de puck come down, BANG, you know,
before de oder guys, nobody dere, you know.
My arm go comme ça, den de game stop den start up.

Quote by daytripper75
Get To Da Choppa!
Last edited by DirtyMakik at Jun 6, 2010,
You have to work on it, to the extent of my knowledge it can take years to train your ear very well, so start practicing! but i do not recommend anything like Nile or Morbid angel if your new to earwork, i'd say something a bit easier like Kreator or Slayer
Quote by DirtyMakik
I thought this thread would involve Tom Hanks...
Ditto. I'm rather disappointed. Tom Hanks, ftw!
THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

Drive! Drive on down the field, men of the scarlet and gray...
I'm an
Engeneer
Enginere
Engenere
I'm good with math.

a0/2 + ∑ an cos(nπx/L) + bn sin(nπx/L)

ĤΨ(x,t) = iħ ∂Ψ(x,t)/∂t
σx σp ≥ h/2
I thought that this thread would be about penis size. I'm disappointed!
Member #16 of the "Use Your Fucking Dictionary Club." PM Dæmönika to join.
F F#Dim Gm C For a while...

...Then around 1:30 there's F F7, then a 2-5-1 in F (Gm C F)

...Around 1:35 Gm F Gm F Gm F Gm then C

I didn't listen to the rest but I figure it repeats.
lol you guys are hilarious...

i'm sorry about the disappointment all around and next time will choose my title more carefully...clicked submit too early!

to the dude that wrote the chords, big thanks and will try em right now.
Quote by Zomby Woof
F F#Dim Gm C For a while...

...Then around 1:30 there's F F7, then a 2-5-1 in F (Gm C F)

...Around 1:35 Gm F Gm F Gm F Gm then C

I didn't listen to the rest but I figure it repeats.

F F#Dim Gm C

so thats the main riff? no capos right??

also, I know how to play F, Gm, and C but not F#Dim, what is that one??

thanks btw!!!
Quote by roster05
F F#Dim Gm C

so thats the main riff? no capos right??

also, I know how to play F, Gm, and C but not F#Dim, what is that one??

thanks btw!!!

No Capo. I figured it out on piano.

F# Diminished:

-
-

You could just take your F chord on the 6th string and raise the root up a fret.
Quote by Zomby Woof
No Capo. I figured it out on piano.

F# Diminished:

-
-

You could just take your F chord on the 6th string and raise the root up a fret.

How did you do it with the piano?? Find the sound on there and then transfer that note or whatever to a gutiar chord? I just bought a midi keyboard and can put it on grand piano

thanks for the website and everything, sounds good
Quote by roster05
How did you do it with the piano?? Find the sound on there and then transfer that note or whatever to a gutiar chord? I just bought a midi keyboard and can put it on grand piano

thanks for the website and everything, sounds good

Well, I listen to a lot of jazz so I already had an advantage there. I could hear what type of progression it was, so I just found the key. And after a while, you get used to all the sounds (Major, Minor, Dominant, Augmented, Diminished, etc.)
Quote by Zomby Woof
Well, I listen to a lot of jazz so I already had an advantage there. I could hear what type of progression it was, so I just found the key. And after a while, you get used to all the sounds (Major, Minor, Dominant, Augmented, Diminished, etc.)

nice...well i haven't had any lessons or music theory so i'm starting to learn that with the piano now and i can already see things transferring over so i suppose i just have to work on getting to know all these terms and what they can do..

thanks a bunch for the help, made my day buddy..or year! i've been looking for this since last summer lol. take care.
the pit isn't the best place to ask for guitar skills/advice. i would try snooping around the musician talk forum. i think they actually have a sticky thread on this kind of topic.
Sent from my iPad.