Page 1 of 2
I put on some brand spankin' new pups on my bass. Seymour duncans. While i was at it i decided to change my strings too. So i put on my pretty new white DR's to match my new pups and hardware. Sooo excited. Putting on my last string, the E string. "Okey, its almost to the proper tension. So just a few more turns and i can start tuni-" KAWRAANGG

I've never broken a bass string in my life before this. Never. WTF
Aww man, sucks that you were unlucky enough to get a defective string, better email DR about that (wink)
Im actually really surprised you managed to break a bass string. Could actually be defective or something, they are very hard to break.
US TUBES
I've broken two strings in my life.

An Encore bass E string (100 IIR)
And a Warwick Black Label 135

The encore I broke within my first month of playing bass, so no surprise.
The Warwick broke last year, while putting it on my bass. Got pissed at Warwick (It was the first string pack I've bought from 'em) and bought D`Addario's ASAP. Never wanna look back
I think I've broken every string at least twice, except for the B-string, which even I have never manged to break.
Quote by cakeandpiemofo
Of course I don't wanna go in the woods. There's bears in there.

Quote by Deliriumbassist
Jeff Ament is a sexy sexy beast.

Quote by Karvid
Yes. Chest hair = automatic awesome. Even if you're a woman.
Only broken g's and d's. I probably don't play hard enough (or even often enough, recently) to break the others.
i once tuned my D string up to a G without it breaking. Totally accident btw
oh and i definitely will hassle DR. I was thinking about it before, but i didnt think it would be worth my time. However peer pressure convinced me
Only broken As and Ds. Never an E. I don't see how that would be possible.

But definitely hassle DR about it. There's a 99.999999999999999% chance it's defective.

Quote by dullsilver_mike
The resonant frequency of the clitoris is too low for the guitar players to take care of.

Quote by jackers1234
you sir, have just won for this statement. =D

Young Knees
I've broken 3 G's, 2 D's and 2 A strings. I think they were all factory strings though, so...Yeah...
Quote by Lazarus.Bird
Never broken a string before and I play as hard as I can pretty often. Don't get how this happens.

same here man. i guess we're just bamfs
I have broken a G on bass and an uncountable amount of strings on my other guitars ranging from .09-.56
no sir away a papaya war is on
I've only broken E strings

....4 of 'em.
Composite Aficionado

Spector and Markbass
1st day i got my bass, started tuning the E string...yea -.- ,had to wait another two days till the shops opened and i could buy some new strings :'(
I've broken G's while popping before, but that's it, I probably play too violently.
Quote by FUT55
I put on some brand spankin' new pups on my bass. Seymour duncans. While i was at it i decided to change my strings too. So i put on my pretty new white DR's to match my new pups and hardware. Sooo excited. Putting on my last string, the E string. "Okey, its almost to the proper tension. So just a few more turns and i can start tuni-" KAWRAANGG

I've never broken a bass string in my life before this. Never. WTF

The same f@cking thing happened to me with the first six-string bass I ever bought. The strings were D'Addarios, and I have never trusted them since that night.
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley
I've broken 2 strings. my E string [ an Ernie Ball Super Slinky .110] and my .130 low B string on my 6er.. I was a bit too into a breakdown. It was a SIT string. I find it as no fault of those strings, because I wail on them pretty hard.
Quote by JagerSlushy

Black people play bass.
Quote by isabiggles
Nevermind, that's a stupid pun for Australian pyromaniacs.
Just forget I said anything.

Quote by mac_attack
THE PURE SEXUAL THRILL!!!!
And stuff...

^^^
On playing bass.
Gear:
ESP B-206SM
Behringer BRX1800H
Acoustic B115
Asher Custom 2x10
The exact same thing happened to me once. It was even an E string (although it was from a Bootsy Collins signature set). Just email them and tell them you broke a brand new E string, and that you're pretty sure it was defective. Send them a pic of the broken string with the email. They'll ask you for your address, and you should receive a new string in approximately 2 weeks.

DR are a big company, and so quality control won't be perfect 100% of the time. Don't get mad at them, they are a good company and, based on my dealings with their customer service department, seem to understand the importance of customer loyalty. Just don't act like a prick, and you receive a replacement E string for free without any trouble
Quote by C0_0kie
guitar solo - "meh, every song got one"
bass solo - "OMGZ0R U IS PRO MENZ"

Quote by lucertia.
fapfapfapfapfapfap

burgerburgerburgerburger

Quote by DeAd-RiP
Sir I would like to sex your bass.
Lessee I had four string breaks in the last two years. I'll just list them below.

1: The B(DR Sun Beams .125) Unwound while playing an outdoor gig in front of 500 people.
2:The G String(Dunlop Stainless Steel) snapped at the ball end.
3:The Replacement set of strings (Thomastik Power Bass) A string unwound and snapped a week after replacement.
4:Two days ago the D string (D'addario Chromes) snapped on my P-bass
Damn it! Disable can't use disable to disable Disable's disable because disable's disable has already been disabled by Disable's disable!
Quote by kugelspot
The exact same thing happened to me once. It was even an E string (although it was from a Bootsy Collins signature set). Just email them and tell them you broke a brand new E string, and that you're pretty sure it was defective. Send them a pic of the broken string with the email. They'll ask you for your address, and you should receive a new string in approximately 2 weeks.

DR are a big company, and so quality control won't be perfect 100% of the time. Don't get mad at them, they are a good company and, based on my dealings with their customer service department, seem to understand the importance of customer loyalty. Just don't act like a prick, and you receive a replacement E string for free without any trouble

Glad to know im not alone haha. I already e-mailed them. Nothing back yet. But i forgot to send a pic... oh well. I did use my best manors though haha
I've broken and E before...I tried to tune it up to a G ....but it was old and I had already bought a whole new set
Arcane Echo

Just call me Ethan
I did in the A-string on my Yamaha about 5 months after I got it. Although, I did get it thirdhand from a friend, so I'm not too sure as to how long it'd been in service, but breaking the A really annoyed me since most of the songs I like to jam to virtually live on that string.
I broke one string one time. My e on a set of earnie balls. It broke on stage while i was playing. It snapped like a guitar string right in between the pickups. I was baffled.
Wow, I didn't realize people broke their strings so much. I've never broken any of mine on bass or guitar.
I've broken one of each of a high e and a high b on a guitar an a d on my bass, but that's because I didn't know how to tune it and was aiming for an octave too high
Quote by UraniYum
Fuck you I'm trying to be caring and shit

Quote by Cb4rabid
Okay guys, I have a confession to make. Not really a confession since it's something that's been bugging me for awhile but I've always been in denial about it.

**** you gilly, it's not what you think
iv broken about every string on guitar at least once because my guitar goes through a lot of climate change and i frequently bring it to a hot, humid camp. And the one E string on bass

Also, i still havent heard back from DR. Should i try again?
It's funny, reading peeps posts here, how variable string-breaking is. I've never broken a bass string, I've done more guitar little E's than I care to recount. And all 6 on an RG550 at once, but that's another story...
Back on topic; I'd give it a few days, then send them a gentle reminder.
Quote by creepingjesus73
It's funny, reading peeps posts here, how variable string-breaking is. I've never broken a bass string, I've done more guitar little E's than I care to recount. And all 6 on an RG550 at once, but that's another story...

How did you manage that?
Quote by creepingjesus73

Its been over a week. Not sure how far over. I mean its summer so i dont really remember what day is what
Haahahahahaha.
CJ just broke a bass string. hehehehe.

Famous last words, hon.
Quote by Gunpowder
Sekhmet: Known for ritually sacrificing the innards of small woodland creatures.

Also, being a girly-girl.

Quote by Creepingjesus73
As for you, Mistress of Mayhem; just remember who it is who can lick * *** + *****'* **** *****out of the ****** of the ***!

Quote by Sekhmet
Haahahahahaha.
CJ just broke a bass string. hehehehe.

Famous last words, hon.

See forum plan post. Say no more.

Quote by Aidonius
How did you manage that?

Showing off. Turning the arm round to the heel of the guitar, and pushing down, to get the mother of all upwards bends. Strings all went at the nut, too. Impressive. Embarrassing, considering I did it in a guitar shop on a Saturday afternoon, but impressive all the same.

Quote by FUT55
Its been over a week. Not sure how far over. I mean its summer so i dont really remember what day is what

I don't usually need summer as an excuse. I blame senility. Still, give them a gentle nudge, and remind them they're about to lose a valued customer.
Quote by creepingjesus73
See forum plan post. Say no more.

Is that Cameron's fault too?
In the bass chat:

<Jon> take the quote of me out your sig plx
<Jon> i hate seeing what i said around lol

Leader of the Bass Militia PM to join!

And now on BANDCAMP!

Officially the funniest member of the Bass Forum.
Quote by Nutter_101
Is that Cameron's fault too?

Yes. His immense internet-corrupting mindwaves, destroyed DR's return email to FUT55, giving him loads of freebies; and actually melted my string. Now, I'd better get back on topic before his immense internet-corrupting mindwaves get me a warning.

Did you send DR a pic of the broken string? Probly not relevant, but a)it's on topic, and b)it might help your case.
Page 1 of 2