Plain is the only word I can think of for it. I tried singing for whom bells toll by metallica, then something way out of my vocal reach (at least as far as I know) and tried to do run to the hills by iron maiden, and they sound pretty much exactly the same (i recorded myself and played it back) except I'm slightly higher pitched for run to the hills.
Quote by Chaingarden
You're probably not hitting the correct pitches. If you are hitting the correct pitches, you're probably not resonating nicely. Recording please?

Its one of those old tape recorders.
Hey Zomg, how long have you been singing? Have you even ever had a vocal coach? I think it's just the beginners virus. By the sound of it you just lack experience with singing. I do suggest some sort of vocal coach to give you some basic techniques. This way your voice will have a good ground to develop further. Even yoru school choir or something could work.
Quote by pandora_grunt
Hey Zomg, how long have you been singing? Have you even ever had a vocal coach? I think it's just the beginners virus. By the sound of it you just lack experience with singing. I do suggest some sort of vocal coach to give you some basic techniques. This way your voice will have a good ground to develop further. Even yoru school choir or something could work.

Yeah I just started, and I have no dosh for a vocal coach and I'm not in a school to join the choir.

Idk if I'd join anything public anyways, until I get a little decent (which might take a while) because I'm just too awful right now, so I just get too embarrassed to join anything :|
So you just started? Then you have nothing to worry about. Try to find some excercises. Either on youtube or tape, just so you have some guidance in how stuff should sound. Also, keep recording. If you hear something you don't like, experiment a little and then record that. It will take some time to hear any difference but you'll find that in a few month's you'll already have advanced.
Quote by pandora_grunt
So you just started? Then you have nothing to worry about. Try to find some excercises. Either on youtube or tape, just so you have some guidance in how stuff should sound. Also, keep recording. If you hear something you don't like, experiment a little and then record that. It will take some time to hear any difference but you'll find that in a few month's you'll already have advanced.

Alright thanks for clarifying things.