Taking a short break from playing shows since we're lookin for a new vocalist. So I imagined this as a better time than any to polish up on my practicing and finding a better sound for my myself. So here's my gear that I'm keeping in the rig...

- Carvin BX1200
- Schecter Studio 5
- Ibanez BTB455
- Boss TU-2

Here's some stuff I want to get. I'm getting rid of my 15" and 2x10" Cabs for a 4x10".

- Carvin BRX10.4 Neo
- DBX 166XL
- Sansamp Programmable BDDI

It's not much but it's still a decent chunk of money to me, haha. I've heard amazing things about this Cab and it's strong enough to hold all 1200w from my Head and can handle the low B really well. The DBX seems to be loved by everyone and isn't priced too harshly on the used market. The Sansamp I want just so I can switch between multiple channels when I change Basses.

I've somewhat been contemplating switching up my BX1200 for a BX500 though, not sure about that one.

Anyways, what do you think? Thanks.
Guitars
· Ibanez PF · Washburn WG-248 · Ibanez S520Ex
· Ibanez BTB455
· Schecter Studio 5
Amp & Accessories
· Peavey Valveking 212
· Carvin BX1200
· · TraceElliot 1028H
· · Custom 1x15 Eminence

· · Carvin BRX4.10
Reading in your sig that its a TE 1028H... I'd stay with the current cab set up. The celestions in the TE will be better than the Neos in the Carvin I reckon, unless you're absolutely sure through trying the same set up in a shop against each other.

If your custom 1x15 was home built then it probably isn't amazing, no offence, update that instead? You could even upgrade to a 1x18, TE make one of these or you can get an old one off the net.

If you're set on the DBX rack mount then I would get it, dual compressors are always really handy but if you're not 100% and would rather invest in floor pedals rather than rackmount system then I would suggest the BBE Optical Compressor. I have it (although I seemed to have lost it) and it's really subtle but helps with my overall tone quality so much. It really tightens things up, and although its not dual band or a noise gate, its cheaper, simpler and less intrusive I think.

Gear:
Fender Standard Jazz Bass
Artec Matrix Pedal Tuner
BBE Optostomp
Boss GEB 7
EHX NYC Big Muff
Ashdown MAG C410T-300
Torque T100BX
GAS-ing for:
Boss SYB5
Behringer Intelligate IG9
Have you found any vocalist as you have mentioned that you are looking for a new vocalist??
If not yet then please reply me so i may contact you soon..

Regards & Thanks
Last edited by salones de at Jun 8, 2010,
Quote by salones de
Have you found any vocalist as you have mentioned that you are looking for a new vocalist??
If not yet then please reply me so i may contact you soon..

Regards & Thanks

Still lookin for one. Do you happen to live in MN and can sing really well? Haha.

I'm just sick of running more than one cab so I'm lookin for a do all cab.
Guitars
· Ibanez BTB455
· Schecter Studio 5
Amp & Accessories
· Peavey Valveking 212
· Carvin BX1200
· · TraceElliot 1028H
· · Custom 1x15 Eminence

· · Carvin BRX4.10
one 4x10 may not handle the wattage unless you're getting neo's...maybe a 6x10 from warwick/ampeg may fit better.
Duck

Bass tones are hard to find.
My Band
Mesa Boogie M-Pulse 360
Madison MAB 4x10
Warwick Thumb BO 5
Since you clearly like Carvin gear (as well you should), consider this rackmount compressor:

http://www.carvinguitars.com/products/single.php?product=CG200&cid=61

The one I tried was first-rate. I liked it better than the DBX 166.

Your amplifier is capable of almost limitless tones, so I would start with the compressor (whichever one you like), then look at a cabinet and finally the SansAmp.
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley
Well I just ordered the BRX10.4 today... Hopefully it won't take too long to get here.
Guitars
· Ibanez BTB455
· Schecter Studio 5
Amp & Accessories
· Peavey Valveking 212
· Carvin BX1200
· · TraceElliot 1028H
· · Custom 1x15 Eminence

· · Carvin BRX4.10