I have a Peavey Tube 60 Vypyr, and I've currently have swapped my Ibanez Prestige 1570's pups, (neck and bridge) with some DiMarzio Evolutions.

Ibanez Prestige RG1570-BK

(And YES, the first review you see is me, from the above link, )

Anywayz, as you can see, it is in an H-S-H pup combination.

What are some exceptional recommendations for the mid (S) pickup, on such a guitar. (I prefer to stay with DiMarzio, btw. )

I play and listen to a lot of power metal and other sorts, i.e. Iron Maiden, Steve Vai, EVH, Sam Totman, Herman Li, Mick Thompson. Hopefully those were some decent examples, XD

Been look'n at Red Velvet, Chopper, Fast Track 1 (not 2), and True Velvets... so far .H-S-H
Current Gear:
Ibanez RG1570bk Prestige with Evo Pickups
Fender American Standard 2012 Telecaster
Fender Mustang
Last edited by JacksonDX6412 at Jun 6, 2010,
Fast Track is good and so is True Velvet.. Haven't heard about the other mid pups that much...or well,I have from Evo,but I don't know if it's your sound.
Gear pics

Quote by Cathbard
Bugera cloning Blackstar is a scandal cloaked in a tragedy making love to a nightmare.

Quote by Sakke
Fast Track is good and so is True Velvet.. Haven't heard about the other mid pups that much...or well,I have from Evo,but I don't know if it's your sound.

Yeah, I was leaning towards the

Fast Track.

Or hows the mid section of

The Chopper?

But would all the output from the 3 combined, cause any tech or sound difficulties?

Sry, I'm not too keen in tech with H-S-H type guitars quite yet
Current Gear:
Fender Mustang
Last edited by JacksonDX6412 at Jun 6, 2010,
Quote by AcousticMirror
bkp the sinner or the trilogy

eh... Im not too into international transactions on such products. I had a hard time finding a single website in USA that sells them...so
Current Gear:
Fender Mustang
DiMarzio SDS-1 (DP111)
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
Actually, maybe I could just get a hotter output for the S position, but lower it's height greatly, so it wont be "too much"??? And I do some "extreme" picking, or squealing, and the S position sometimes get in the way. HIGHLY irritating!
Current Gear:
Fender Mustang
Quote by JacksonDX6412
eh... Im not too into international transactions on such products. I had a hard time finding a single website in USA that sells them...so

axepalace
luxtone
guitarasylum

the list of dealers is right on the website...
how hard can it be.
Prs se Holcomb is the answer
Don't get a chopper. I had it as the middle pup in my RG550 at first and it was bland, just terrible. It works well in the bridge with a balanced but definitely humbucker sounding set, or in the neck with a full size humbucker in the bridge. You can't go wrong with an FS1 but I would try a True Velvet.
G&L Legacy
Gibson SG Standard
Ibanez RG20thDY
Ibanez RG25thFP
Agile Septor Elite 727
Fender Evil Twin / Mesa 412
EVH 5150 III Mini / Avatar 212

Quote by PerpetualBurn
Don't get a chopper. I had it as the middle pup in my RG550 at first and it was bland, just terrible. It works well in the bridge with a balanced but definitely humbucker sounding set, or in the neck with a full size humbucker in the bridge. You can't go wrong with an FS1 but I would try a True Velvet.

Yeah, I really am leaning towards either a FS1 or T. Velvet from the info I've gathered here so far...
Current Gear:
Fender Mustang
Quote by AcousticMirror
axepalace
luxtone
guitarasylum

the list of dealers is right on the website...
how hard can it be.

Actually, sry, lemme rephrase that... There are no major USA websites that, I'm registered with. (account, and warranty insured)

Such as SamAsh, Guitar Center, Sweetwater, American Musical, Musicians Friend, and Amazon.com

Yes, Amazon.com does sell musical gear. They actually are partners with a bunch of other websites (i.e Woodwind and Brass, Music 123, Zzounds, and MUCH more) integrated into their Search engine. Typed warpig, bkp, etc... "no matches"

Did it on Google... Saw an awful lot of ".uk" sites...
Current Gear:
Fender Mustang
You could try the super distortion s in the middle.
Damn it! Disable can't use disable to disable Disable's disable because disable's disable has already been disabled by Disable's disable!
Quote by dark Mass
You could try the super distortion s in the middle.

I was thinking the same thing.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100