Hello all. I've been playing through an MG for too long now and I kinda wanna upgrade my Ampage. I've seen some Epiphone amps on the interweb, namely the:

Valve Jr. head and cab
Valve Sr. Combo
A second hand Triggerman 60watt something something something

any views on these amps?

I play mainly alternative rock, indie, punk (and pop-punk and emo), ska-punk, reggae, and I kinda hope to emulate Carl Barat from the Libertines or Tim Armstrong from Rancid in terms of tone. I know, weird, huh? I play a PRS SE custom through a behringer blues o/d and super fuzz (mainly used as a boost) and a Boss Autowah...

cheers
(L) R.I.P FoREVer (L)
Last edited by Syn-Vengeance at Jun 6, 2010,
you might want to buy a real wah then as well. I mean auto wah's are kinda crap
Quote by kirky boy
you might want to buy a real wah then as well. I mean auto wah's are kinda crap

You might wanna buy some correct grammar: There shouldn't be an apostrophe. Grrrr...
(L) R.I.P FoREVer (L)
Last edited by Syn-Vengeance at Jun 6, 2010,
Quote by Syn-Vengeance
You might wanna buy some correct grammar: There shouldn't be an apostrophe. Grrrr...

Take his advice, punk.
he's asking about amps, not pedals. this is an unusual reversal of events - usually we get some guy asking about pedals and everyone shouts "new amp!"...

the valve junior and valve senior are supposed to be quite good practice amps, not sure about the triggerman though.

you'd have to just try them out and find out for yourself.
Rig Winter 2017:

Fender Jazzmaster/Yamaha SG1000
Boss TU-3, DS-2, CS-3, EHX small stone, Danelectro delay
Laney VC30-112 with G12H30 speaker, or Session Rockette 30 for smaller gigs
Elixir Nanoweb 11-49 strings, Dunlop Jazz III XL picks
Shure SM57 mic in front of the amp
Quote by Syn-Vengeance

excuse dyslexia punk
alright calm down, he started it... can I get any help on the Epiphone amps though?
(L) R.I.P FoREVer (L)
@ kirky boy: I see you're part of the Izzy Stradlin fan club, therefore your poor grammar no longer matters. Izzy was the best damn guitar player Guns ever had...
(L) R.I.P FoREVer (L)
The P is green. I see it
Rigz.
SX Furrian
Eastwood Mandocaster
Bugera v55
DigiTech DL8
Boss BD-2
Dean Markley Tuner
Ebow

Gear Hitlist:
2x12 Cab
I've got a Valve Junior combo, it's a surprisingly good amp. Nice clean tones. Be carefull of which version you get because the earlier ones had a problem with shielding, there is a wikipedia article on how to distinguish which is which.

Overall I'd say I'm happy with this amp, it's good for solo practice, mine starts to break up @ around 9 o'clock and it gets surprisingly loud. Takes pedals extremely well.