Picked this up today for nicks, thought it'd be worth having a play around with.

Model info
-Akai AA-1010 Stereo Receiver
-Akai CS 703D Stereo Cassette Tape Deck
-Akai AP-100C
-Realistic SCT-14 Stereo Cassete Tape Deck
-Realistic SA 800 Stereo Amp

I'm not looking to sell it but it'd be good to find out what it's worth or if there's anything special about it. I've never dealt with old stereos or anything before and a quick Google search doesn't return anything too useful.
Last edited by Drummerrrrr? at Jun 6, 2010,
Probably worth something atleast. Looks nice anyway, though I'd swap the vinyl player for a more wood colour if you're going for congruency
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
That looks awesome, if you wanted to sell it, sell it as "vintage" and they'll come flocking
holy shit that looks incredible. Give it to me please please please.
You're using UG classic, congratulations.
You should be using UG classic.

E-Married to Guitar0Player

http://the llama forum because its gone forever which sucks and I hate it.
Woah dude, envy is upon my breast. That looks seriously sweet. Hurry up and stick on 'play that funky music' on the record player.
Quote by WtrPlyr
Quote by alans056
Maybe the price tag is clouding your judgment ?
yeah probably. Or the circuits.
That, my friend, is fucking amazing. *Throws iPod out of bedroom window*

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
Hahaha, I haven't hooked it up just yet. Not sure how this old stuff works, don't want to blow it up >.<

If anyone can help me, on the back of the Akai amp, there're 2 sets of left and right speaker input, A and B. The speakers are 8 ohms, where would they plug into?

EDIT:
As far as I know everything works fine except the vinyl player is a little scratchy when changing the volume from what I've been told.
Last edited by Drummerrrrr? at Jun 6, 2010,
Quote by Drummerrrrr?
Hahaha, I haven't hooked it up just yet. Not sure how this old stuff works, don't want to blow it up >.<

If anyone can help me, on the back of the Akai amp, there're 2 sets of left and right speaker input, A and B. The speakers are 8 ohms, where would they plug into?

EDIT:
As far as I know everything works fine except the vinyl player is a little scratchy when changing the volume from what I've been told.

plug them into A. There should be a selector on the front of the amp for A, B or both. It's so you can have multiple sets of speakers in different rooms, etc.
You're using UG classic, congratulations.
You should be using UG classic.

E-Married to Guitar0Player

http://the llama forum because its gone forever which sucks and I hate it.
Quote by Drummerrrrr?

For that, you just got to treat the pot or slider with a bit of contact cleaner.

How'd she sound?
Wow, I've got the same Akai tape recorder in my attic, let me know how much it sells for

You might want to dust it off a bit though...
████████████
████████████
████████████

RNLAF

I Like Planes
Yep, I'll let you know though I doubt it'd go for much in comparison to the amp, receiver .etc

Quote by jgbsmith
plug them into A. There should be a selector on the front of the amp for A, B or both. It's so you can have multiple sets of speakers in different rooms, etc.

Too easy, receiver works a treat except for the scratchy volume. Much thanks!

Quote by BrianApocalypse
For that, you just got to treat the pot or slider with a bit of contact cleaner.

Ahhh I'll keep that in mind if I ever take it apart though that'll be a while yet.