Since one week I dived into the realm of slapping, trying to practice it for 30 mins a day, diciplined. Now after some days ive started to get a blister on my "Popping" finger. My question is, should I continue to do my 30 min exercise or should I rest until the blister is gone? Should I use some sort of protection maybe so I can practice comfortably. Im asking cause I kind of expect the blisters to get worse if I continue what Im doing, so can anyone help me out?

Thanks in advance
wait untill the blister is gone, then keep practising. I'd recommend way more than 30 minutes a day but it's up to you :P
I drain the blister with a small pin and then let it rest until it becomes callous. Then continue playing.

Or, practice using your ring finger when playing finger style, you'll soon develop dexterity in all 3 fingers and if you want pick up 3 finger style fairly easily.
I forgot to mention, Im mostly a guitar player, so I play the bass with a pick. The blisters dont really hinder my in my other exercises, just during the slapping ones. But I guess Il just drain it and hope I can practice again tomorrow:P
Quote by Bass First
I drain the blister with a small pin and then let it rest until it becomes callous. Then continue playing.

Or, practice using your ring finger when playing finger style, you'll soon develop dexterity in all 3 fingers and if you want pick up 3 finger style fairly easily.

This is exactly what i ended up doing, blister first finger, go to second, blister second, go to third, blister third then go back to first and it was nice and healed. And now im good at all three.
US TUBES
Pop it and wrap your finger in athletic tape. The cloth stuff with adhesive on the back.

Works wonders when I get blisters after not playing for a little while.

Quote by dullsilver_mike
The resonant frequency of the clitoris is too low for the guitar players to take care of.

Quote by jackers1234
you sir, have just won for this statement. =D

Young Knees
you could put a thin layer of superglue on the tip of your fingers, i hear some bassists do that ^^