well i own a usa standard sss strat and i was wondering wether i should purchase a boss GE7 in order to fatten up my sound and be able to play heavyer stuff?

anyone with expirience fatting up a strat with an eq pedal?
Quote by Moggan13
Serjem is like a Bishops testicals: Swollen
ಠ_ಠ
IIIIfb * KARKOLI * ytIIII(mostly rock... a little funky, a little hard just the way you want it )
i havent tried it, but i dont think it would work. i mean maybe, but why would it fatten it up? I can't think of how this would help but I dunno maybe it would. I think you might want a compressor or some type of OD maybe. Maybe even a delay set real low.
an EQ is always a good thing, gives you more options. But i think compressor and OD pedals are better suited for fattening up the single coils, thats what i do.
MY Music
AMPS:
Chute CC-04 2x12
GUITARS:
Fender American Deluxe Strat SSS (with DG-20's)
Martin Dx-1
PEDALS:
Big Muff Pi Tone Wicker
Keeley Mod Bluesdriver
Holy Grail Plus Reverb
MXR Carbon Copy Delay
Boss RC-2 Loop pedal
you're going to have to try reeeaalllly reallly hard with an EQ, it'll help but in the end just get a guitar with humbuckers or hot rails or something
Anything eq related will fatten up your sound no matter what your pickup/guitar situation may be because your they become like building blocks. I run my Gibson Sg Standard and my Strat that has single coils through a Digitech RP1000 with a Boss GE-7, a BBE Sonic Maximizer and a Digitech RP300 through my Marshall TSL122's effects loop and I have an amazingly tight sound, but it's all a matter of taste. I would recommend the Boss GE-7 or the MXR 10 Band EQ to play with.
Last edited by dlmvh5150 at Jun 6, 2010,
you could eq your amp to give u more lower end and roll of your tone knob for a duller sound
Gear:
-Epiphone les paul special II
-Peavey Valveking 112
roll of the treble i guess
Quote by classicrocker01
You know you're addicted to gear when you've had more guitars than girlfriends

Ibanez rgr321ex
Epiphone SG special
Peavey bandit 112
ibanez tube king tk999ht
Kustom dart 10fx
Vox pathfinder
digitech grunge
I use the EHX Knockout to make my humbuckers more jangly, like single coils. I usually boost the highs and leave the bass all the way off for this, but used the other way (bass up, highs off) I get a ridiculously big and fat tone, but its unnecessary for what I do. I suspect it could certainly fatten your tone, but it wouldn't remove the 60 cycle hum of most single coils. Just a thought.