hey guys, need some help with a school project

what are some products that people buy only because of the name associated with them, as opposed to the quality itself

some examples are
apple
bmw
nike

if anyone has other ideas, that would be great, thanks!
Quote by brandon369852
BW==D
B=W=D
B==WD~~~

^Fap.

Quote by ADCME
I use those bread bag clips as ninja stars, i once hit a Jehovahs witnesses guy on the head with one.

I squinted my eyes and said "Where is your god now"

XBOX LIVE GAMERTAG: capn crayola
Converse
Vans
Jackson
Ibanez
Dean
They made me do push ups in drag

I'm gonna have a really hard time if we're both cannibals and racists.

Don't dress as a whore, he'll thump you.

I'm a firework, primed to go off
Well most people become loyal to brands because they provide good quality, so it's a tricky one.

But Jack Wills. I know of a few people who make all their clothes of that brand, and I don't get it. The clothes are literally ordinary, plain clothes - hoodies, trousers, shirts - with the name written on them in various ways. They cost a lot more, so I don't understand it.

You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.
There is a small mailbox here.

Steam: | PSN: Zeroxxed | Twitter:
BMW? Really?

Don't they only make cars and motorcycles, which are actually very high quality? The fact that you're a cunt if you drive one is out of the equation here.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
yea man, who ever doesnt like pantera or think they suck doesnt like metal, end of discussion, they changed the freakin world n made history, so don't be sayin they suck, have respect, same goes for machine head n lamb of god cuz their good too
Skullcandy. The hipsters get them because the brand is cool, but every single one of their products sucks.
thanks guys
Quote by brandon369852
BW==D
B=W=D
B==WD~~~

^Fap.

Quote by ADCME
I use those bread bag clips as ninja stars, i once hit a Jehovahs witnesses guy on the head with one.

Quote by The Shroom420
Coke, when most store-brand stuff is WAY better

very true
Quote by brandon369852
BW==D
B=W=D
B==WD~~~

^Fap.

Quote by ADCME

Oh, Alienware's another one. They make gaming PCs that (while they look fantastic) are hugely overpriced for the level of hardware inside them. They still get people buying them, so there's another one for brand over quality.

EDIT: UGG boots too. Apparently they cost £100+ or something? What? NO. They don't even look that nice.

You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.
There is a small mailbox here.

Steam: | PSN: Zeroxxed | Twitter:
Last edited by Kilobyte at Jun 6, 2010,
I don't personally know anyone that buys something like a car, mp3 player or trainers just because of the brand. Most people actually choose a car because of its features, how it drives and their budget.

I think instead of looking at electronics and automobiles, you might want to focus more on fashion.
Women buy shoes from designers such as Jimmy Choo and Manolo Blahnik because the shoes are reliable, sturdy and comfortable, as well as they like the look of them.

However, most teens will buy brands because they make them look cool. They don't think about the practicality of a designer handbag, just that it will raise their social status. they don't think about how the workers that made the bag are treated.
Primark is a popular shop to buy from, but only because it's cheap. And that shows in the workmanship. Primark is almost a brand in itself because people will only go to Primark to buy a cheap imitation of a product they want.

There's also food and household products. People are reluctant to change their favourite cleaning product or brand of food even though there may be a brand out there that works better or tastes better.

One thing you have to bear in mind, sometimes the leading brands are the best brand out there. eg GHD hair straighteners.
Quote by Renka
OddOneOut is an Essex S&M mistress and not a pirate or a computer program.

In most cases people are loyal to these brands because of the quality of the products, or due to innovation and upgrades, etc

There are exceptions however, I think. Like, for example the iPad. (That's the new one isn't it?) Apparantley if you already have a fancy phone and a decent laptop (as most people do these days) then the iPad is pretty useless.
Quote by The Shroom420
Coke, when most store-brand stuff is WAY better

Oh you'd best be joking

Coke > all other colas. Pepsi tastes like canned vomit, and the generic brands taste like pepsi that's trying to be coke.

On topic:
Apple x100

Their laptops are really overpriced for the hardware they have, and I've never liked their OS. The rampant fanboyism is annoying too >_>
maybe if you had a
revolver
you'd
suck less

press
↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B Areceive bacon

Gamertag: Seanslaught
PSN: BeastlyBassist
Steam: Beastly396
Quote by BeastlyBassist
Oh you'd best be joking

Coke > all other colas. Pepsi tastes like canned vomit, and the generic brands taste like pepsi that's trying to be coke.

On topic:
Apple x100

Their laptops are really overpriced for the hardware they have, and I've never liked their OS. The rampant fanboyism is annoying too >_>

meh, I paid the same price for my mac as most people would for a decent laptop (£600)

Good shizz

But I agree with the Jack Wills thing. However, Nike do make awesome trainers that last ages. But some of the crap that comes out of top man that you see people wearing, is just stupid!
"You're a twat!"- That dude in morrisons

"You Ugly git!" - That girl in the restaurant

"You Were a Mistake!" - Mum

just a few of my fans..

Apple and Marshall

Apples fail compared with PCs and just cos it has Marshall on it don't mean it sounds like a 1959SLP.
<--- This is Wally. Not Waldo.

Gear List:
Ibanez RG570
Fender MIA Strat (in black, HSS)
Godawful Marshall MG practice amp

My Youtube
My godawful blog