im thinking about putting a tremsetter in my ibanez RG350... i know that the the trem isnt incridible, though i do not tend to join in slagging it off, but yeah like i said. i know its not the best.

so back to the point hehe, would i benefit from putting a tremsetter in there? itd be alot cheaper than replacing the trem, and i like to avoic blocking it off if i can.

cheers.
Mah gear :p

Guitars:
Ibanez RG350DX
BC rich NJ neck thru series warlock
customized epi les paul

Amps:
blackstar ht-5 combo
VOX VT-100

Pedals:
bad dog phaser

"Remember your a WOMBLE!!!"
Quote by Morrie2995
dude you just became my hero. Nice
IMHO, if you have your Edge III set up properly, you won't need a tremsetter. I have an Edge III, an original Edge, and a Schecter LFR, and all 3 work great, never need tuning, despite lots of whammy abuse.

The key is to block the trem at the height you want it when you do your string change. Then stretch the hell out of those strings before you lock them down. I mean stretch till there's no pitch drop at all, then stretch one more time for good measure.

Make sure all the strings are in tune with the tuning pegs, then push the blocks against the nut on toward the bridge as you lock them down.

Make sure all the strings are in tune with the fine tuners before unblocking the trem. It should be out of tune after you do that, but then you get it back in tune by adjusting the claw screws 1/16th of a turn at a time until it gets back in tune.

If you do that well enough, you shouldn't have any problems with your Edge III unless your knife edge is shot. It takes time to do it right--takes me from 2-4 hours, but then I don't have to anything until the next string change.
well i have no experience with knife edges and such but when i last looked at them i thought they looked a bit gnarly... what exactly should a good condition knife edge look like? when i saw mine they looked as though they had a semi circular cut out in them around the posts, is that normal or have they wron down or something? =$
Mah gear :p

Guitars:
Ibanez RG350DX
BC rich NJ neck thru series warlock
customized epi les paul

Amps:
blackstar ht-5 combo
VOX VT-100

Pedals:
bad dog phaser

"Remember your a WOMBLE!!!"
Quote by Morrie2995
dude you just became my hero. Nice
I put a tremsetter on my LFR because the knife edges were dull and wanted it to stay in tune. It was ok and kept it in tune pretty good. But then a few weeks later it was going out again so a screwed around and it was never that great. I took it off and it seemed just as good. It also effects the subtleties of the whammy, not too much but enough to make it not too good for small dips.

All said, it was a waste of $35 and my time.

^ Look at it with a magnifying glass to see any damage.
Last edited by Tempoe at Jun 6, 2010,
Don't know how to describe what a good knife edge looks like.

I'd recommend taking it to a good luthier to get an opinion on the condition. If you have bad knife edges, a Tremsetter won't help.

A new trem from Ibanez = lots of bucks. If your trem is dead, an OFR should be drop-in and should set you back $200 - 250. Many of those need some professional attention out of the box; Floyd Rose somethimes has some QC issues. You might be better off getting an LFR. Searchbar to find which manufacturers are reputable these days...it changes over time.