I want to get a new guitar, and I play metal (metallica, trivium) I need:
Floyd Rose Bridge(or any other decent floating bridge)
Mahogany or Alder body
Able to hold its tuning
Humbuckers(doesnt matter if its HH or HSS)
Under 650 pounds(GBP, could maybe stretch to around 680)

Ask if you need more info
Gear
Epiphone Sg special <---meh

Peavey Vypyr 30 <---awesome

Hello
Hey man, i recommend the Jackson RR3, i got one and it's very reliable, its nice and light, easy to solo with and the tone is ****ing awesome, good for metallica, trivium all the way to children of bodom
You should check out schecters. They're really good and quality instruments with reasonable price. Schecter Hellraiser FR maybe?
Are you willing to go used? And a Dean Dimebonics ML would be a good fit for you i think. I know the guy from trivium used that sort of guitar for a while. But you best look for it used, cuz they go for about 1000 USD new. And I've seen them for around 800 USD used, which is in your range.
Mahogany and Alder sound incredibly different from each other.

Do some searching on the company sites. All we can do now is just yell out random brands at you. Do you have any specificity towards or against certain shapes? (I.E. "I don't want an SG shaped guitar, or Strat shaped or BC Rich shaped")

Go on some company sites (Jackson, ESP, Ibanez) then check out the sites for your local shops to see the price of the guitars you liked.

Any properly set up OFR will stay in tune. Some licensed floyds are not considered as reliable. I don't have much experience with many licensed floyds just the FRT-1000s and OFRs, but I've heard that the Ibanez Edge III is something you may want to avoid.

So yea on average it's a guessing game for me or anyone else to recommend any guitar to you.
Quote by siverstorm
Mahogany and Alder sound incredibly different from each other.

Do some searching on the company sites. All we can do now is just yell out random brands at you. Do you have any specificity towards or against certain shapes? (I.E. "I don't want an SG shaped guitar, or Strat shaped or BC Rich shaped")

Go on some company sites (Jackson, ESP, Ibanez) then check out the sites for your local shops to see the price of the guitars you liked.

Any properly set up OFR will stay in tune. Some licensed floyds are not considered as reliable. I don't have much experience with many licensed floyds just the FRT-1000s and OFRs, but I've heard that the Ibanez Edge III is something you may want to avoid.

So yea on average it's a guessing game for me or anyone else to recommend any guitar to you.

yeah, I dont want an sg or a bc rich, and I dont want an ibanez because my friend's got one and the tuning stability is crap
Gear
Epiphone Sg special <---meh

Peavey Vypyr 30 <---awesome

Hello
Quote by bigman123
yeah, I dont want an sg or a bc rich, and I dont want an ibanez because my friend's got one and the tuning stability is crap

Don't judge a company like that because most companies have many different ranges. Ibanez has electric guitars starting at $129 and it goes up to $2700 (not including limited editions, J. Customs, and showcase models). They don't use the same hardware, wood, or craftsmanship. Same goes for all of the other companies.
Quote by bigman123

what the hell?how can you be so ignorant?ibanez makes guitars ranging from 120$ - 5000$ or more...

EDIT: we basically said the same thing^^..and thats surprising because we two normally settle on completely the opposite
Last edited by archenemyfan at Jun 6, 2010,
on topic,you have a advantage if you buy a prestige because all of their prestiges come with replaceable knife edges,so when they wear out(every knife egde does)instead of spending big bucks and buying a whole new trem,you can just replace the knife edges...and for the price they have almost unbeatable quality...prestiges come either with an Edge Pro tremolo and an Edge zero tremolo,both are good solid trems,but the Edge Zero is easier to setup and maintain,while the ZPS helps you to keep the trem stable and the Edge pro has stood test of time,is made in japan by gotoh and arguably has better tone and sustain because of the big tremolo block...its up to you to decide
Schecter Diamond series for sure will give you what you want in a great looking package. ESP LTDs are pretty good, I'd recommend trying out an F350 as it has everything you want and sells for $500, and it looks pretty cool, and has a satin finish neck, for speed.
you could get a Washburn WM526V (or WM24V only difference is the 526 has an OFR and EMG's and the 24 has a Licensed FR and Randall XL's)and theyre both well within you price range (well the 526 would have to be bought used probly but the 24 is only about $400 USD)
Quote by archenemyfan
on topic,you have a advantage if you buy a prestige because all of their prestiges come with replaceable knife edges,so when they wear out(every knife egde does)instead of spending big bucks and buying a whole new trem,you can just replace the knife edges...and for the price they have almost unbeatable quality...prestiges come either with an Edge Pro tremolo and an Edge zero tremolo,both are good solid trems,but the Edge Zero is easier to setup and maintain,while the ZPS helps you to keep the trem stable and the Edge pro has stood test of time,is made in japan by gotoh and arguably has better tone and sustain because of the big tremolo block...its up to you to decide

false and opinionated, they are more stable and durable than than the cheaper models, the edge pro is no longer available. imo the edge pro is the best trem ever fitted to a guitar followed very closely by the original edge.
Quote by ibanezgod1973
false and opinionated, they are more stable and durable than than the cheaper models, the edge pro is no longer available. imo the edge pro is the best trem ever fitted to a guitar followed very closely by the original edge.

what?

well thats my opinion too..I dont like the EZ,although My favourite is the EDGE,I like the EP more than the EZ..mostly influenced by the fact that the EZ isnt made by gotoh..its made by who knows who?in china..sure the quality would be the same for now,but trust me,I 've had many experience with chinese and japanese products before,and in those cases the MIJ were marginally better..could be wrong in this case though...

same applies to phones,i had a chinese nokia,(its original...bought it from korea infact)and it was nowhere as good as my dads n97 or whatever...
Quote by bigman123

Probably a lower end model. Stay away from Ibanez's with Edge III trems, they're not as good quality as Edge Pro's or Edge Zero's. The same sort of problems can arise with cheaper Licensed Floyd Roses.

If You want a trem with good tuning stability, go for an Original Floyd Rose or an Edge Pro/Edge Zero if an Ibanez. There are also Kahler's but I don't know much about them so I'll leave that for someone else.
Member #10 Of The Black Tooth Grin: Dimebag Memorial Club. PM Narmi To Join