OKAY. Gonna be starting work fairly soon and since like last summer i've been telling myself that I'd be getting a new amp. Time to do so.

I've narrowed it down to a couple choices. (But hopefully this thread will add more)

-Peavey 6505+ 112
-Bugera 1990
-Bugera BC-30
-Vox AC15
-Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Now I wish I could tell you guys what style I'd be playing but frankly I cannot. Mainly because my styles in songwriting are constantly changing. But the one thing that most of my songs have in common is lots of open chords. Not that Drop D nonsense (no offense). My main influences are Against Me! and Gaslight Anthem (See videos below)

Mainly, I need enough watts to play a firehall show without being mic'd. Thats mostly all the shows around me are. Otherwise it's at and actual venue that mics the amps.

I am also a rhythm guitarist if that helps at all.

My guitar is a 2009 Epiphone Dot Deluxe with the stock Alcinos still in it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kYO3Ey8NxPQ Great Expectations - The Gaslight Anthem

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kmUKY0JEArA Borne On the FM Waves Of the Heart - Against Me!

Oh, and I'd like to keep it under 800. Thank you.
Rigz.
SX Furrian
Eastwood Mandocaster
Bugera v55
DigiTech DL8
Boss BD-2
Dean Markley Tuner
Ebow

Gear Hitlist:
2x12 Cab
I'd skip the HRD and maybe look at a Peavey Delta Blues, cheaper and IMO the cleans were a lot nicer. With either of the amps though looking at a decent distortion pedal is the best way forward, something like an MI Audio Crunch box or a Rothwell Hellbender would work well.
LesPaul
Pedals
OrangeRocker30
My band
PBT Native: Resident Graphics Monkey

Does that peavey 6505 option happen to be a typo?
That amp has far too much gain for your needs seriously. The hot rod would be a good shout. Even the Vox if you were willing to buy a higher wattage version.
Gear
Bugera 6262 Head
Harley Benton G212 Vintage
Ibanez RGA 121 Prestige
ESP LTD DJ600
Fender USA Stratecaster
Maxon O808
TC Electronic Flashback Delay
ISP Decimator
MXR 10 Band EQ
Boss T-U3 Tuner Pedal
Quote by Adam124
Does that peavey 6505 option happen to be a typo?
That amp has far too much gain for your needs seriously. The hot rod would be a good shout. Even the Vox if you were willing to buy a higher wattage version.

Lol I just kinda was thinking of it so I put it :P

EDIT: :O Just looked at the Delta Blues. I now need to youtube it. The controls look exactly like a HRD haha
Rigz.
SX Furrian
Eastwood Mandocaster
Bugera v55
DigiTech DL8
Boss BD-2
Dean Markley Tuner
Ebow

Gear Hitlist:
2x12 Cab
Last edited by zeminion at Jun 6, 2010,
Quote by forsaknazrael
So?

O.O Just saying. How's the OD on the Delta Blues?
Rigz.
SX Furrian
Eastwood Mandocaster
Bugera v55
DigiTech DL8
Boss BD-2
Dean Markley Tuner
Ebow

Gear Hitlist:
2x12 Cab
i would look into the traynor. I haven't tried the 50 (which is supposedly marshally), but I've tried the 40 and it's nice. it's more fendery, so it depends on which tone you want more. the 20 is more voxy.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by zeminion
O.O Just saying. How's the OD on the Delta Blues?

Fizzy, that's why I suggested a pedal as well. But I love the cleans, one of my favorite clean tones though.
LesPaul
Pedals
OrangeRocker30
My band

My vote is the 1990 or used JCM900.
Guitars:
LTD Alexi-600 White & Black
LTD Alexi-200 Black(Death Adder pickup & Gold OFR)
Agile Interceptor Pro 727 7-string
Jackson JS30RR rhoads
Jackson DKMGT
Squire telecaster

amps:
Bugera 6262 212 loaded with WGS veteran 30's
Well since it's $250 less than my budget whats a good pedal? Hows the Fulltone OCD?
Rigz.
SX Furrian
Eastwood Mandocaster
Bugera v55
DigiTech DL8
Boss BD-2
Dean Markley Tuner
Ebow

Gear Hitlist:
2x12 Cab
OCD's not a favorite drive pedal around here, but lots of people like it enough. You have tooooons of options as far as drives go with a $250 budget. Check out Lovepedal, Wampler and Rothwell for distortion options. I'd specifically recommend the Lovepedal Kanji, Wampler Triple Wreck or Pinnacle, and the Rothwell Hellbender.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Rothwell Hellbender! Or Heartbreaker if you're after something with less gain
LesPaul
Pedals
OrangeRocker30
My band

Well I need fuzz/OD.
Rigz.
SX Furrian
Eastwood Mandocaster
Bugera v55
DigiTech DL8
Boss BD-2
Dean Markley Tuner
Ebow

Gear Hitlist:
2x12 Cab
Quote by ChucklesMginty
If TS can't decide what genre they play, this might actually be a good idea as it can cover pretty much everything.

Don't you mean Flextone? And idk. I never really liked how line 6's work. Guys, it seems I need guidance. And I know what genre to play, it's just the tone is whats getting me cause my GC has like ONLY MG's and Spiders and all SS amps. It's lame
Rigz.
SX Furrian
Eastwood Mandocaster
Bugera v55
DigiTech DL8
Boss BD-2
Dean Markley Tuner
Ebow

Gear Hitlist:
2x12 Cab
Quote by forsaknazrael
Which have you tried? The Spider series? Very different, in terms of the interface and tone, compared to a Vetta or Flextone.

Huh. Does it still sound goo even tho it's SS?
Rigz.
SX Furrian
Eastwood Mandocaster
Bugera v55
DigiTech DL8
Boss BD-2
Dean Markley Tuner
Ebow

Gear Hitlist:
2x12 Cab
well i know but since im dumb when it come to gear and i see all this tube talk and such it makes some opinions change :P
Rigz.
SX Furrian
Eastwood Mandocaster
Bugera v55
DigiTech DL8
Boss BD-2
Dean Markley Tuner
Ebow

Gear Hitlist:
2x12 Cab
Have you tried taking a little road trip to the next guitar shop with some better gear? It sounds like you need to try a few things out.
Quote by AngryGoldfish
Have you tried taking a little road trip to the next guitar shop with some better gear? It sounds like you need to try a few things out.

Yeah that does sound like a good idea... This is frustrating haha
Rigz.
SX Furrian
Eastwood Mandocaster
Bugera v55
DigiTech DL8
Boss BD-2
Dean Markley Tuner
Ebow

Gear Hitlist:
2x12 Cab
Yeah, I know the feeling, man. It's why I suggest taking a road trip. Testing everything out in one go can be stressful, but it should give a good enough grounding to come home and decide from there.
I think I'm just gonna keep saving and when I see it I can get it cause I'll have the money.
Rigz.
SX Furrian
Eastwood Mandocaster
Bugera v55
DigiTech DL8
Boss BD-2
Dean Markley Tuner
Ebow

Gear Hitlist:
2x12 Cab