So after a LOT of hunting, I of course found the best option on craigslist (surprise surprise). Scored this Pedaltrain Pro with case for $80, brand new in the box. They sell for close to $200 in stores. I was originally gonna go with Rondo's pedalboards but the price difference btwn that one and this one ended up being like $10 and this thing is really professional quality. This thing is really solidly built and I have full confidence that it would hold up under intense touring.

It doesn't take up too much room but it has a lota space on it. All of my pedals fit comfortably with plenty of room for more. I HIGHLY recommend Pedaltrain pedalboards. Here's a pic or two:

Custom guitars, vintage amps, boutique pedals. Blah, blah, blah.
Considering the smaller pedaltrain sells for like 30 bucks more than I paid for this one...didn't make sense to get the smaller one when I know I'm gonna keep on gettin' new pedals
Very nice! I keep telling myself to buy a Pedaltrain, but I keep buying pedals instead.

Also, how's the Polytune workin out?
Tele - EP Booster - DLS - Big Muff - Ekko 616 - Rocker 30/AC15
love your rig but u knw you could have easily built tht?
Gear:
-Epiphone les paul special II
-Peavey Valveking 112
Quote by Hesh_09
Very nice! I keep telling myself to buy a Pedaltrain, but I keep buying pedals instead.

Also, how's the Polytune workin out?

Haha, I feel you on that one dude. The Polytune is AWESOME. I absolutely love it. Tuning is a breeze.

Quote by gutted_radical
love your rig but u knw you could have easily built tht?

Of course I know that. The problem is i live in an apartment, have pretty much none of the tools that would be needed to do it, and it would never be as professional quality as this. When you have the money to get something of professional quality and know that youd only be able to build one thats amateurish...what's the point?
Right before the pics .
delete the review, post clips.

just take something and tap it on the board.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Get one of those new Germanium Big Muffs and that board is full. Hahah.
We've dressed up in our best...

...and are prepared to go down like gentlemen.

Quote by bogg808
The PBT is for those too TGP for the rest of UG.

Haha, I don't like fuzz pedals. I think right now on my list for future purchases once the guitar fund fills up again would be a flanger pedal and maybe a chorus, although the mod switch on the Carbon Copy more or less does that.
put that rubber duckie on the board if you want more quack out of it.

just ask quailman.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Haha nah man, the rubber ducky must stay on the amp. It's been on every amp I've owned since I started playing in '99. It's actually the secret to getting "that" tone that every player wants. Don't tell anyone
Last edited by CustomAxe at Jun 6, 2010,
Quote by scaryfried
i like your set up. what's that pedal in the middle of your board above the classic distortion?

Thanks man. It's a custom built footswitch for my Mesa :-)
Yeah, it's a tremoverb so you can't really get footswitches from Mesa unless you buy 3 or 4 separate mesa "stompbox" style switches...one for channel, one for reverb, etc. Since I thought that was really dumb (and i hardly use the tremolo), I just had a custom one made to switch the channels and the reverb on/off. The company is "Switch Doctor", I highly recommend em. Great price, shipped to me in like 2 days, and just a great company to work with.
Nice I'll probably be looking for a pedalboard in the future, this looks better than the other Boss ones I've seen etc

oh by the way how do you find you Carbon Copy? I'm looking for a delay and not sure what to go for
Bands:
Native State
A Titan, A Deity
Rash L.A

Gear:
PRS P245 Semi Hollow
Suhr Modern Guthrie Spec
Mayones Regius 7 Buckeye Burl
LSL CVS Studio Strat
Fender American Standard Tele
Faith Hi Gloss Venus

Mesa Lonestar Special
Bugera 333
Zilla 2x12 Fatboy
Line 6 PodHD500
Quote by Shredx
Nice I'll probably be looking for a pedalboard in the future, this looks better than the other Boss ones I've seen etc

oh by the way how do you find you Carbon Copy? I'm looking for a delay and not sure what to go for

Yeah its worlds better than any of the Boss ones. And I love my Carbon Copy. Best delay pedal I've ever tried.
Quote by CustomAxe
Haha nah man, the rubber ducky must stay on the amp. It's been on every amp I've owned since I started playing in '99. It's actually the secret to getting "that" tone that every player wants. Don't tell anyone

lol

congrats on your board quack quack

Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
lol

congrats on your board quack quack

And a quack to you sir. Thanks!!
Quote by Shredx

Within the price range, the Malekko Ekko 616 and the Carbon Copy are the best, so a friend and I decided to do a side by side demo. Conclusion was, that the CC was darker, and made the tone a little more harsh, while the Ekko mellows out the tone and is brighter in comparison. The other noticeable difference was that the Ekko would start to get a little funky on the longer delays, the last note would sort of wobble a bit. This added to the more organic vibe we both thought the Ekko had. The CC's repeats were much closer to that of a digital delay, more accurate.

Hope that helps, sorry for hijacking.
We've dressed up in our best...

...and are prepared to go down like gentlemen.

Quote by bogg808
The PBT is for those too TGP for the rest of UG.

Quote by mcraddict81592
Within the price range, the Malekko Ekko 616 and the Carbon Copy are the best, so a friend and I decided to do a side by side demo. Conclusion was, that the CC was darker, and made the tone a little more harsh, while the Ekko mellows out the tone and is brighter in comparison. The other noticeable difference was that the Ekko would start to get a little funky on the longer delays, the last note would sort of wobble a bit. This added to the more organic vibe we both thought the Ekko had. The CC's repeats were much closer to that of a digital delay, more accurate.

Hope that helps, sorry for hijacking.

No hijacking man, always good to help out our fellow UGers . I tried the Ekko as well and actually experienced the OPPOSITE of what you did. The role of the amp in all this really shouldn't be discarded.