Last night they witnessed an 18 year old guy walking home from a night out (he seemed very drunk) and got struck by an oncoming taxi.

They said he flung into the air and fell on his head on the other side of the road. One of them knew first aid and helped the poor guy clear his airways which were filling with pints of blood Apparently he has serious head injuries and the doctors aren't sure if he will make it.

How would you guys cope with seeing something as horrific as that? I complain all the time about how life is a pain in the ass but this really puts things into perspective.

http://www.u.tv/News/Teenager-critical-after-border-road-crash/cc6adb1c-1fc2-4aa9-b82c-b74bca905264

That's a short report on the accident.
Gear
Bugera 6262 Head
Harley Benton G212 Vintage
Ibanez RGA 121 Prestige
ESP LTD DJ600
Fender USA Stratecaster
Maxon O808
TC Electronic Flashback Delay
ISP Decimator
MXR 10 Band EQ
Boss T-U3 Tuner Pedal
one and a half years ago a drunk driver with his lights off passes me going around 100 and plows into another car. i went into action, pulling out the dead father and the near dead mother and all 5 children under the age of 10 in the minivan that was rearended and flipped 3 times, and extinguished the flames before thhye got to the gastank. i gave the mother and the eldest child cpr and saved them, treating them fpr the major cuts and fractures they all suffered while the other man who was drunk exploded and burned to death before i could try to save him.
Quote by mullet1337
Holy ****. **** you. You ****ing ****.
Sorry I should have adressed this. It was a poorly lit area and from my knowledge the taxi driver was NOT driving excessive speeds. My thought's go out the guys family although you should have more sense than to walk home drunk in a country road late at night.
Gear
Bugera 6262 Head
Ibanez RGA 121 Prestige
ESP LTD DJ600
Fender USA Stratecaster
Maxon O808
ISP Decimator
MXR 10 Band EQ
Boss T-U3 Tuner Pedal
Quote by metaldud536
My question is how do you not see a person at night if you're driving safely? I'm gonna say this taxi driver was speeding.

I always like it when people are making assumptions that are based on absolutely nothing at all.

ontopic: just keep on living, there's no reason to let sad things get the better of you.
You who build these altars now

To sacrifice these children
You must not do it anymore
Silly taxi driver
They made me do push ups in drag

I'm gonna have a really hard time if we're both cannibals and racists.

Don't dress as a whore, he'll thump you.

I'm a firework, primed to go off
Quote by the bartender
I always like it when people are making assumptions that are based on absolutely nothing at all.

ontopic: just keep on living, there's no reason to let sad things get the better of you.

Nothing at all? TS said the guy was seen flung into the air.

Edit: I have read his 2nd post.
Last edited by metaldud536 at Jun 6, 2010,
Quote by padgea7x
Silly taxi driver

How so? I assume you read my 2nd post.
Gear
Bugera 6262 Head
Ibanez RGA 121 Prestige
ESP LTD DJ600
Fender USA Stratecaster
Maxon O808
ISP Decimator
MXR 10 Band EQ
Boss T-U3 Tuner Pedal
Quote by footsteps7173
one and a half years ago a drunk driver with his lights off passes me going around 100 and plows into another car. i went into action, pulling out the dead father and the near dead mother and all 5 children under the age of 10 in the minivan that was rearended and flipped 3 times, and extinguished the flames before thhye got to the gastank. i gave the mother and the eldest child cpr and saved them, treating them fpr the major cuts and fractures they all suffered while the other man who was drunk exploded and burned to death before i could try to save him.

Quote by metaldud536
Nothing at all? TS said the guy was seen flung into the air.

Edit: I have read his 2nd post.

you don't know anything about the situation (speed limit, how well lit the area was (as TS's second post showed), etc.), so immediately pointing at the taxi driver is just silly "HERP DERP ITS A CONSPURASY" talk.

Also, a collision at the (for a car) relatively low speed of 50mph is already very lethal.
You who build these altars now

To sacrifice these children
You must not do it anymore
Last edited by the bartender at Jun 6, 2010,
Quote by Mistress_Ibanez

sorry... its hard telling this story without getting upset....

it was his car that exxploded with him in there...
Quote by mullet1337
Holy ****. **** you. You ****ing ****.
Quote by Adam124
How so? I assume you read my 2nd post.

Poorly lit area, taxi driver should've had his lights blazin.

He probably mowed the guy down because his GPS said it was a short cut.
They made me do push ups in drag

I'm gonna have a really hard time if we're both cannibals and racists.

Don't dress as a whore, he'll thump you.

I'm a firework, primed to go off
Quote by Adam124
Sorry I should have adressed this. It was a poorly lit area and from my knowledge the taxi driver was NOT driving excessive speeds. My thought's go out the guys family although you should have more sense than to walk home drunk in a country road late at night.

Unless the drunk was walking on the side of the road and staggered into the path of the driver, or it was on a blind spot from a turn in the road then its pretty much the drivers fault. No reason why he shouldn't have seen someone, if they're on a poorly lit country road they should have their high beams on. If my brother can notice and avoid hitting little voles and mice on a country road at night a taxi driver should have seen a person...
Well from what I have gathered from my friends the taxi driver wasn't speeding. It's also a rare occurence for someone to be walking on the road, especially at that time. Can no see where I am coming from? Walking home drunk in a dark country road is still an incredibly stupid idea. No matter how drunk I am I would never attempt something like that.

I think the drunk teenager was walking around a bend of one of the lanes which probably meant the taxi driver had a split second to brake. He nearly hit my friends car as he swurved to try and steer clear of the guy.
Gear
Bugera 6262 Head
Ibanez RGA 121 Prestige
ESP LTD DJ600
Fender USA Stratecaster
Maxon O808
ISP Decimator
MXR 10 Band EQ
Boss T-U3 Tuner Pedal