Thats not its sound, trust me. He's playing that over something already distorted, it's alot worse IMO.
Gear:

Ibanez RG350M
Peavey 6505+112

Boss CS-1
EHX Big Muff Pi
EHX Small Clone
KORG Pitchblack
^^^ Lmao, he thought the MD-2 was expensive and you suggest a DR.
Ibanez RGR421EXFM >> Maxon OD808 >> BOSS NS-2 >> Peavey 5150 212
I have two of these things and, I agree, they don't sound even as good as that video made it sound. I'm thinking possibly there is some off camera fx going on or some post production enhancements.
Quote by DroptuneD
^^^ Lmao, he thought the MD-2 was expensive and you suggest a DR.

hell yeah that gizmo is more expensive than a very advanced guitar!!!!
Last edited by emre cool at Jun 8, 2010,
Quote by emre cool
so what do you suggest I got 50 bucks and I want hardcore distortion guys

This is my opinion and I have had them all and still have a few for paper weights The MD2 is horrid worst pedal I have ever bought,totally useless tone from it.The Mt2 is not much better but it can be usefull if you play around with it enough you will find a ok tone from it.The metal core is the best imo but still better to be had from other makers imo.Look for a digitech hardwire series distortion or elx metal muff these are much better in my opinion.Stay away from the cheaper digitech stuff it's pretty much like boss,hardwire series only for digitech.I found a couple dod metal petals that were good but don't remember model,might look into those aswell.
Last edited by MaidenFrieak71 at Jun 8, 2010,
Do yourself a favor and pick up a EH Metal Muff if you want something for metal. Super versatile EQ and a really decent sounding distortion.
I picked a used one up for ~$50 about a year ago.
I've tried all the Boss distortions and some are good but the Metal Muff blows them away.
Quote by MaidenFrieak71
This is my opinion and I have had them all and still have a few for paper weights The MD2 is horrid worst pedal I have ever bought,totally useless tone from it.The Mt2 is not much better but it can be usefull if you play around with it enough you will find a ok tone from it.The metal core is the best imo but still better to be had from other makers imo.Look for a digitech handwire series distortion or elx metal muff these are much better in my opinion.Stay away from the cheaper digitech stuff it's pretty much like boss,handwire series only for digitech.I found a couple dod metal petals that were good but don't remember model,might look into those aswell.

Hardwire, not handwire. You'll confuse him :P
Fender 72' Deluxe Tele
Schecter Damian Elite 7
Fender '62 Reissue Jazz Bass (MIJ)
Peavey XXX 212 (back on the East Coast)

Macbook Pro 15" Retina
Logic Pro X 10.0.7
Revalver 4
LePou Amp Sims
Ignite Amp Sims
LeCab2
RedWirez Impulses
Good call. Very usable from light distortion to heavy distortion. I didn't use the Boost for a boost really as it is very high in treble. It is good to use as a second distortion for solos though. I just set it for the same volume as the main distortion and with that little bit of treble boost, it cuts through nicely.