Hi heres a picture of the guitar ive started building with all the parts laid out on it :p

Ive change my mind about having a fixed bridge because its too much work the body is of an old crafter of mine and i was wondering if the body would take any fender strat bridge? supprisingly the body sounds pretty decent especially with good pickups. (my new ones are iron gear hotslags.

The neck is absolutely gorgeous, maple back with black ebony fret board from axesrus,
http://www.axesrus.com/axenecks.htm#StratNecks the problem is it slightly smaller (width) than the body by like 2 mm either side, i obviously need to fill the holes the gap but how do i do this, and how do i ensure that the neck is completely aligned with the bridge?

advice would be appreciated thanks in advance
Last edited by owen-AG at Jun 6, 2010,
lol thanks man.

well, if the body has a cavity for the tremolo, then it could.

is there a place for a tremolo in the back of it? or is it a custom body with no place for a tremolo?
yeah it previously had a trem with 3 springs in the back, the thing im worried about is dimensions of the bridge being the same as a replacement fender one:/
Quote by owen-AG
yeah it previously had a trem with 3 springs in the back, the thing im worried about is dimensions of the bridge being the same as a replacement fender one:/

well you could definitely add any strat bridge from guitarfetish or anywhere else. I'm not sure about the dimensions though.

that probably didn't help a lot :S
yeah that did help a bit, i just wanna make sure i buy something that fits prefect. i was gunna go with a fixed bridge that cost me like £20 but changed my mind :P so if any one wants they can have it for a tenner, might aswell go to use somewhere.
well, get a high-quality bridge from eBay or something.

maybe stewmac? allparts?

guitarfetish? idk.
yeah im probably going to go with a Wilkinson replacement bridge which should hopefully fit right in. the next problem is the dreaded neck. I'm to scared to drill the wholes my self so am going to get my tech teacher to do it. errm any advice people? and what size drill bit should i use?
haha yeah neck is the best quality neck ive ever seen, axesrus, have out done them self pretty cheap for what it is aswell. my guitar teacher as alot of custom guitars of which he's spent alot of money yet none of his necks match my quality ahaha.

Im absolutely dreading doing it :P, even if my tech teacher does it im still worried lmao. although i have already made the wholes the tuners bigger :P *tech teacher did a top job on that one :P.