Sorry for the cheesy title.

My friend got a Madison Divinity II stack, Boss OC-3, and a Digitech Hardwire Chromatic Tuner.

Details:
Cabinet - 4 x 12 Celestion V30s
Head - 4 6L6 GrooveTubes, 4 12AX7 preamp tubes
2 channels(well sorta)

Picked up this stack used for about $900. Great deal. Very solid, great features, LOUD!

http://s257.photobucket.com/albums/hh201/polishedbullet/?action=view&current=IMG_3559.jpg
http://s257.photobucket.com/albums/hh201/polishedbullet/?action=view&current=IMG_3560.jpg
http://s257.photobucket.com/albums/hh201/polishedbullet/?action=view&current=IMG_3562.jpg

Pros: -Super thick sound with extremely tight low end....great for drop tunings/7 strings
-Very articulate clean channel with a useful tube boost for blues solos/crunch
-2 gain channels. Edge I is high gain distortion. Very American voiced amp. Edge II rolls off the treble and adds bass and a touch more gain for solos.
-Head comes with reverb and includes a 5 button footswitch

Cons: -Effects loop is not footswitchable

Overall: great amp for the money, super thick and articulate tone, surprisingly lightweight, and IT LIGHTS UP!!!!!!

Sound clips are on my profile. Any critiquing is appreciated!
Wait... so is it yours, or your friends?
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by MatrixClaw
Wait... so is it yours, or your friends?

QUIT STEALING MAH QUESTION!

question of the day TS
I traded in my Real Books for Robbins and Cotran Pathology Textbooks
wait. so is it yours or your friends?
Quote by gregs1020
Brett has been saving for a splawn for 4 years
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
Same question.
Quote by santa_man99
THANK you. I love you forever.

Quote by DrFuzz
Why are you researching for Christmas? It's only Ma- HOLY CRAP WHERE'S 2009 GONE!?!?!?

Quote by ilikepirates
You're right, that is weird. You win.
wait so is it yours or your friends?
Quote by MatrixClaw
anyway, i must be off, my gf says we gotta go cause i poked her and now she's bleeding

Quote by BobDetroit
The real question is why the **** are you talking to your mom about a Mesa?What the hell did you think she was going to say?"No dear, I prefer Dual Rec tone?!"
My friend got a Madison Divinity II stack, Boss OC-3, and a Digitech Hardwire Chromatic Tuner.

Quoters gonna quote.

Time on earth is like butterscotch; you really want more, even though it will probably just make you ill.

Certified lurker
Pretty sure Madison just went outta business. The guy who made em wrote a huge blog on the website, and I was like cool blog bro. Unreliable amps they are.
Quote by enselmis
Pretty sure Madison just went outta business. The guy who made em wrote a huge blog on the website, and I was like cool blog bro. Unreliable amps they are.
Wow, aren't you the cool one.
Steal it
Call me Cahum.

Squier Classic Vibe 50s Strat
Epiphone AJ-10 Acoustic

Valvepower 18w
Blackheart 112 cab
Quote by enselmis

way to be an ass. i'm sure he's real happy about having to close shop.

and you go and...

wow.

sure would love to be your friend.
Quote by enselmis

What?
You basically sarcastically ripped off a guy who had to let his company go for whatever reason (with an incredibly annoying and patronizing, overused meme). Then you go on and state his amps are "unreliable", when I have no idea whether you've even seen one in real life, let alone owned one or taken it apart.

So I sarcastically made fun of you. The world keeps turning.
So anyway...

My friend doesn't have a UG account, so I let him write it on mine.
The tubes on this thing get extremely hot, and even got a nice blue tint in the glass at one point from the heat.

Anyone listen to the clips? I personally think it was a bit too bass-y, but it's probably from the mic we used.
Quote by gregs1020
way to be an ass. i'm sure he's real happy about having to close shop.

and you go and...

wow.

sure would love to be your friend.

You should have seen the thread on ss.org that came up when he closed up shop. If you get butthurt by a little comment like that, you would surely have died reading an entire thread devoted to Madison bashing.
Quote by enselmis
You should have seen the thread on ss.org that came up when he closed up shop. If you get butthurt by a little comment like that, you would surely have died reading an entire thread devoted to Madison bashing.
This isn't sevenstring.org

I'll stop now. Sorry, TS.
Quote by enselmis

That's nice. This thread is for a NAD, not for bashing a company. Leave your comments in The Pit plz
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
After 20 comments on this thing, does anyone actually have anything to say about the amp? Bashing the company isn't really my cup of tea. I really could care less about how you feel about Madison, I just want you to give some feedback to my friend.
Quote by polishedbullet
After 20 comments on this thing, does anyone actually have anything to say about the amp? Bashing the company isn't really my cup of tea. I really could care less about how you feel about Madison, I just want you to give some feedback to my friend.

I've never played one...but the clips sound pretty good. Definitely a love/hate amp...they sound good and are fairly inexpensive, but they have reliability problems. Kind of like Boogeras

Anyway...HNAD to you/your friend
while I appreciate that it's cool to have the reviews of amps on the forum, it really shouldn't be in GG&A, because your friend cannot answer questions about the amp and whatnot.

You should have posted it in the actual reviews section, plus you get points for your contribution.
Quote by Tedward
while I appreciate that it's cool to have the reviews of amps on the forum, it really shouldn't be in GG&A, because your friend cannot answer questions about the amp and whatnot.

You should have posted it in the actual reviews section, plus you get points for your contribution.
It's the rules.

We basically had endless threads of NAD's with just one or two badly shot pictures and nothing more. So now it's either write an in-depth review, take pictures or upload clips. You need two of those additions to "qualify" (for want of a better word) for a N_D. Which I completely agree with.

People can still post their reviews on the main page as well.

I was more confused with the fact that someone made a NAD for a guy who may not even exist, and certainly doesn't exist on UG.
I meant like, on the homepage there is an actual reviews section of UG.
Quote by Tedward
I meant like, on the homepage there is an actual reviews section of UG.
Yeah, people can still post reviews there, but there is a new rule in the stickied section here.