So I've been looking into Mesa Boogie amps recently and I stumbled upon the Single Rectifier and the Rectoverb. My understanding is that the Rectoverb is exactly the Single Rectifier but with reverb controls for both channels.

Here's my question: is the Rectoverb worth getting just because of the reverb? In most stores it shows the Rectoverb being about $100 more than the Single Recto but on ebay suprisingly the Single is selling for slightly higher than the Rectoverb. So is one better than the other or is it rarety/popularity that makes the Single more expensive?

Thanks in advance

EDIT: im looking at the 50-watt heads, not the combos
"Would you tell Picasso to sell his guitars?" - Jack Black

Quote by Lt. Shinysides

my dick is generally better than yours, and is more pleasing to look at and hold.
your dick understands and accepts this, and is willing to just move on.
Are you going to be using reverb? if not then get a regular head. I personally would get the one with reverb as I like using reverb on my cleans and leads. You also could get the regular one and just buy a cheap reverb pedal, but the built in one is probably better than anything you can find for 100 bucks.
well what I usually do is I keep a touch of reverb (around 2-2.5 on the knob) just to keep things from sounding too stale. But I've been listening/watching videos of the single rec. and its not really looking like the reverbs at all necessary. So what I'm thinking is whichever come up with the best deal I'll take.
there's an auction for a rectoverb on ebay that started at $1 that I bid on until about $250, cause thats all i got right now, and a guy on craigslist wanting 800 for his single so when I get enough money for either, whichever has the best deal I'll go for

Quote by Lt. Shinysides

my dick is generally better than yours, and is more pleasing to look at and hold.
Rectoverb is smoother and the clean channel is better.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
really? hmm... i guess ill have to look up more videos or sound clips on this

Quote by Lt. Shinysides