I recently purchased the UX1 based on recomendations from this community on how good it was for recording. So far i am going mad trying to find a record button in the program. I read that the UX1 would record the original sound and processed sound at the same time, and i cannot find the record button or anything to do with it. Ive read all the user manuals and googled myseld insane. Some people have said to use your DAW. When i load up POD Farm in my DAW i get no guitar input. Please help me im going insane
Do you have a POD Studio or a Tone Port?

The Tone Port does not come with the POD Farm VST for free - thus it will not work if you load it in your DAW, unless you pay the extra $50.

What DAW are you using? Make sure in your Options, that the Audio signal is set to ASIO and the UX1 is selected.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
You would have this problem with any interface. You just need to research a bit more.

When I had my UX1, I could open gearbox (they changed it to Pod Farm apparently), then open Audacity, hit record and the wet sound would record in audacity. I'm not sure how they do it because any other stand alone amp sim/vst wont work like that.

Oh, and in your DAW, make your your audio setting are set up correctly, it should be Line 6 ASIO or something like that.
edit: yeah what MC said.
Yup, you have to open up the program, I currently use gearbox with my toneport and reaper. Just using the FX without actually opening it dosen't work. Also don't forget to plug like headphones or speakers into the ux1 itself.
Agile AL3000
Douglas WRL90
SX SR1 STD Plus
J&D Strat
Squier Tele
Sammick TR2
Douglas Draco
Peavey JSX
Bugera V5
TWANGED VJ
Thanks for the support people. I am using a Line6 UX1. It came with POD Farm and POD Farm 2. I have tried using audacity, and i can record, but not the original un processed sound. (is that called wet? or is wet after the amps and effects have been aplied?).

My DAWS are reaper and FL studio. I can now play a clean guitar sound on a track and use the POD Farm VSTi to process the sound into the desired effect.

All i need to know is how do i get to record the guitar sound and not the processed sound.

thanks again for your time
If you're running the VST and not the Standalone and get sound recording, you should just be able to turn off the VST and have your DI.
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
I record all the time 'clean' just using the UX1 as the interface. Make sure there is nothing on your 'floor' on the GUI. Nothing selected.

does this mean i cant record clean and hear it distorted as i record?
not sure on that...

I believe there is a way to 'multi-track' the input so I always assumed you could set this up anyway you want. Not sure how to do it.

Why would want to record clean but hear it distorted? Also, are you mic'ing an amp or playing strait into pod farm?
Ya you have to have a different recording program to record. Pod farm doesnt do that. The UX1 should have come with riffworks(mine did), if not, you can downoad it from line 6 for free if you register your product.
Just use podfarm to set up what you want your tone to sound like, then use riffworks to record
LastFM

The world is grey, the mountains old,
The forge's fire is ashen-cold
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
Why would want to record clean but hear it distorted? Also, are you mic'ing an amp or playing strait into pod farm?

I will record my music by playing it along to guitar pro. So i would like to hear it distorted so it fits with the music better, if i play it clean then things like pinch harmonics wont sound right until distorted and i wont be sure on if im getting them right or not
I find it very difficult to play my songs and not hear the distortion, it throws me off
If you want to record "clean," aka: DI your tracks. You need to run POD Farm as a VST inside your recording software. This will record the "clean" sound of just your guitar, and you apply the amps/effects, after that.

Ditch Audacity and get a real DAW - Reaper.
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com