Looking for some help on choosing my dream axe. Been playing for about 8 months, and just bought a BC Rich Mockingbird ST....wasn't for me. Don't enjoy the rockfield pickups or the Floyd Rose Tremlo. Such a pain.

Must Have/Be Able to-
Play Metal(Various low tunings)
No Tremlo bridge, want string through.
$500-$700 would probably be my limit
24 Frets as well.

Thank you for the help, it is much appreciate!
Last edited by Itwasluck at Jun 6, 2010,
You could be a lucky 1 of 50 with the Schecter C-1 Limited. The 25.5" scale will be great for the low tunings. I personally love ebony fingerboards. This, along with it being $50 cheaper, and with the included set of pickups (81x over 81tw) make it a better alternative over the Hellraiser. Of course, maybe you prefer it the other way.

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Schecter-Guitar-Research-C-1-Limited-Electric-Guitar-583260-i1474422.gc
Last edited by lextexrex at Jun 6, 2010,
Thanks for the suggestions. The Schecter Hellraiser's were good, its hard to choose between them and the LTD...could anyone explain how to pick a good set of pickups? I heard the EMG's were pretty good for sustain in metal but I am honestly not sure..
Quote by Itwasluck
Thanks for the suggestions. The Schecter Hellraiser's were good, its hard to choose between them and the LTD...could anyone explain how to pick a good set of pickups? I heard the EMG's were pretty good for sustain in metal but I am honestly not sure..

It's all about your preference in how they sound. You can find videos on youtube of pickup comparisons, some people actually review them. If you are looking for good sustain, you have many options and most would point to selecting active pickups. I personally prefer Seymour Duncan Blackouts over EMGs.
Thanks for the help guys! Really appreciate it again. Probably going to go with an ESP LTD...and yeah, the Mockingbird's floating bridge did take away lots of sustain, and I also hate spending a half hour trying to tune it, as well as not being able to play Drop B unless I was to "fix" the bridge...