Page 1 of 2
Does anyone remember that mission in quake 4 where you are on that conveyer belt, and the strogg inject you with a ****load of steroids and you have your arms and legs sawn off, and they fit you with new strogg limbs?

I'm interested in conducting some research on such a topic and perhaps even perform a little '' experimentation '' on some rodents that keep pestering our chickens, not sure if i'll go ahead with that though, but i would really like to read about this kind of thing

I'm not sure what the name is though, the severing of limbs and fitting the body with new ones, testing how much abuse the human body can take before it gives in too extreme blood loss and unbearable pain, perhaps a site or page of someone that has conducted some research in the field

If no-one understand what i am talking about i'd be happy to explain further, if i can clear my mind up

EDIT: To those that read the entire post, i was only trolling you, be re-issured by my post a few posts down

I would never do that to an animal of any kind, i love animals, no matter how disgusting or vile
Last edited by ShredHead396 at Jun 6, 2010,
Not going to happen.
^^The above is a Cryptic Metaphor^^

"To know the truth of history is to realize its ultimate myth and its inevitable ambiguity." Everything is made up and the facts don't matter.

MUSIC THEORY LINK
Quote by ShredHead396
'' experimentation '' on some rodents that keep pestering our chickens

You sick bastard...

@below: S'truth. Someone should print screen this in preparation for the inevitable court case.
Last edited by benonbass1 at Jun 6, 2010,
I don't think they used superglue in Quake 4. Also, they probably had slightly better technology and a higher budget.
^ HA!

I was expecting exactly those words

No, i would not do that to an animal of any kind

But the question still stands, little help?

For me?
Video games are not the same as real life...end of
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
I once wore that shirt and it got me so many bitches my penis got a rash from gropage.
Quote by webbtje
I heard the Egyptians were really good at this, also Jon Nodveidt.

LMFAO, you smart ass

Still though, this is a very serious question, reckon you know of anything/anyone webb?
Look up Josef Mengele
^^The above is a Cryptic Metaphor^^

"To know the truth of history is to realize its ultimate myth and its inevitable ambiguity." Everything is made up and the facts don't matter.

MUSIC THEORY LINK
I can just imagine you at parties:

"Hey... Hey guys... Do you ever just wanna... I dunno, like really **** up a cat? I mean totally mutilate it."
"What the hell!? What is wrong with you!"
"Hahaha nah, just kidding... I just said that because I knew you'd say exactly that. Im a genius, right?"
"Um, sure... Im gonna go over here now."
"Oh ok... Hey, wait! Come back! ...What about a dog?"
...In my opinion.
Quote by Benjibum2nd
I can just imagine you at parties:

"Hey... Hey guys... Do you ever just wanna... I dunno, like really **** up a cat? I mean totally mutilate it."
"What the hell!? What is wrong with you!"
"Hahaha nah, just kidding... I just said that because I knew you'd say exactly that. Im a genius, right?"
"Um, sure... Im gonna go over here now."
"Oh ok... Hey, wait! Come back! ...What about a dog?"

Harr,harr har?

Quote by rockingamer2
Look up Josef Mengele

Wasn't he an German doctor in the WW2 era that performed '' Human Experiments '' on captured prisoners and Jews?

This is kind of what i am looking for, but i am really after a more in depth and explanatory documentary / guide into this realm of medical discovery, i'm not really interested in reading about one mans feats at the moment, though thanks for the reference

Also, i see that the thrash metal band Slayer wrote a song about this man, cool
You should just buy Slayer's Reign in Blood album, listen to Angel of Death and masturbate furiously. You will feel better afterwards.

Edit: ^^ I was to slow!!!!
This space has been intentionally left blank.
Last edited by Baldorr at Jun 6, 2010,
Quote by ShredHead396
Harr,harr har?

Wasn't he an German doctor in the WW2 era that performed '' Human Experiments '' on captured prisoners and Jews?

This is kind of what i am looking for, but i am really after a more in depth and explanatory documentary / guide into this realm of medical discovery, i'm not really interested in reading about one mans feats at the moment, though thanks for the reference

Also, i see that the thrash metal band Slayer wrote a song about this man, cool

I'm fairly certain he was yeah, he tried stuff like injecting dye into peoples eyes to see if he could create an aryan race, and tested the human pain threshold, both physically and emotionally. He was a lovely chap.
...Stapling helium to penguins since 1949.
You wont find anything to read on this.
You might get close by reading about pain management research, but that is going to be leaning in the other direction.

No one in medicine or science is really working at this because of the stigma behind it.

There was a man a few years ago who had a hand transplant, but he ended up resenting it and it almost ruined his life, if I remember correct.

But the reattachment of any bodily part is transplantation. Human to animal or vis a vis is called a xenograft.

Good luck though.
Quote by boardsofcanada
^^

<_<
~Bass'-play-er.

The #1 member of the club that isn't terribly predjudiced against emo. Get over yourselves.
PM me, or just say # x
And part of Fortysix and twos Defenders of Emo club.

" Zach_F I love you for that."
Quote by Todd Hart
I'm fairly certain he was yeah, he tried stuff like injecting dye into peoples eyes to see if he could create an aryan race, and tested the human pain threshold, both physically and emotionally. He was a lovely chap.

I would love to see the results from such experiments, on video and on paper

Just imagine the amount of knowledge the Germans would have gained from such experimentation, they would have acquired superiority in medical research in comparison to the Allied Forces, giving them quite an edge, wouldn't you say?

Such truly fascinating events never fail to achieve nothing less than mind boggling results

Though it's terrible how these experiments came with such a hefty price, covered in blood and terror, that is such a huge downfall to such a fascinating medical and scientifical foray

God damnit, that's even kind of depressing
Quote by ShredHead396
Though it's terrible how these experiments came with such a hefty price, covered in blood and terror, that is such a huge downfall to such a fascinating medical and scientifical foray

This is true of a lot of medical advances.
...Stapling helium to penguins since 1949.
There's these twins addition/subtraction who claim to have done things like transplanted one arm onto the other twin but I'm 90% sure it's bullshit. Google them.
Quote by ShredHead396

It took you this long to realize that the topic is "kind of depressing"?
Best guide on writing power metal lyrics
Quote by ReaperWaits
keep it fast, keep it epic, and for god sake mention dragons.
You should look into wake forest biomed.

They grow new organs using stem cells and have implanted them into people.

If anyone is leading the way toward growing whole limbs, you'll find them there.
Quote by boardsofcanada
^^

<_<
~Bass'-play-er.

The #1 member of the club that isn't terribly predjudiced against emo. Get over yourselves.
PM me, or just say # x

Quote by Zach_F

There was a man a few years ago who had a hand transplant, but he ended up resenting it and it almost ruined his life, if I remember correct.

No, I think that was a League of Gentlemen episode.
Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
There's these twins addition/subtraction who claim to have done things like transplanted one arm onto the other twin but I'm 90% sure it's bullshit. Google them.

I only skimmed, but from what i gathered, a man cut his arm off and stuck it on to his brothers chest, and they did this experiment by themselves, as the patient had studied for 2 years at med school

Link

Still think it's bullshit?
Quote by webbtje
No, I think that was a League of Gentlemen episode.

No I think that was George Callham

http://www.nytimes.com/2005/12/06/science/06prof.html?_r=1
Quote by boardsofcanada
^^

<_<
~Bass'-play-er.

PM me, or just say # x

Quote by ShredHead396
I only skimmed, but from what i gathered, a man cut his arm off and stuck it on to his brothers chest, and they did this experiment by themselves, as the patient had studied for 2 years at med school

Link

Still think it's bullshit?

They dont ever provide last names, or really any other details about them.
Quote by boardsofcanada
^^

<_<
~Bass'-play-er.

PM me, or just say # x

Quote by Zach_F
They dont ever provide last names, or really any other details about them.

Pretty sure BME broke the story on the 1st April too.
its called prosthesis and its been done for years.
sɹǝʇndɯoɔ ɥʇıʍ poob ʇou ɯı uʍop ǝpısdn sıɥʇ sı ʎɥʍ pob ɥo
You know what is weird?

I just got done reading about the Unit 731, i think there is a link from the Josef Mengele article on Wikipedia, thanks though
I'd really like to extend a part of my anatomy. I just don't think I'm performing to the best of my abilities as I'm quite a small man at 5' 11"...

Also extending my penis wouldn't go un-appreciated either.

|_|0|_|
|_|_|0|
|0|0|0|
▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
Pretty sure BME broke the story on the 1st April too.

Found this in the comments:
"Sorry guys, please don't post this as if ti was real; it proved to be an April fools joke by the folks at BME"
Quote by WtrPlyr
Quote by alans056
Maybe the price tag is clouding your judgment ?
yeah probably. Or the circuits.
Quote by osXtiger

Also extending my penis wouldn't go un-appreciated either.

Well, if you would really like, i could, lets say

Perform some '' surgery '' for you, free of charge of course!
Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
So you are going to torture and dismember animals.

They say that's how serial killers start...

They also like to do everything in 3's..Shifty bastards..
I'd suggest you go see a psychiatrist.

Edit: Although if I was ever in an incident which resulted in one of my limbs being amputated or destroyed, I would like to see how machinery could be incorporated into the human body.

I'm apprehensive about organic surgery and all that, but a mechanical arm that would work odf electrical impulses from the brain would be really cool. Assuming that it could be covered in skin and flesh, or at least a very very similar synthetic material.
❝Don't be afraid of death, but of an inadequate life❞
Bertolt Bretcht

Last edited by KirkMetallica at Jun 8, 2010,
Page 1 of 2