Me and my friend have been having this discussion for a while now after being fueled by the comments on the youtube videos. Im on team Graves Who do you think is better?
Danzig.

Graves has the better voice, but Danzig has the better stage act (at one point he dances round a 18" stonehenge monument!) and writes waaaaay better songs.
I've been listening to the Misfits for years. My comment was referring to the fact that this is a ****ing stupid question.
Edwards Les Paul Custom
Burny SG Junior
DIY Telecaster
Keeley RAT 2
Marshall JCM 800 4104
Quote by RizzoWashburn
I've been listening to the Misfits for years. My comment was referring to the fact that this is a ****ing stupid question.

Mostly because it's been asked a thousand times.

Also because practically everyone prefers Danzig.
Quote by werty22
Mostly because it's been asked a thousand times.

Also because practically everyone prefers Danzig.

Not according to this thread.
I'm an asshole.
Danzig. He just looked more evil, sounded more evil and wasn't tryin to fill someone else's shoes. Graves is a joke. He played here and people laughed at how bad it was.
He who acts, conquers.Nashvillepunk.org

I'm old, I'm tired, and I have acid reflux. So don't mess with me.
Quote by TN_BOOTBOY
Danzig. He just looked more evil, sounded more evil and wasn't tryin to fill someone else's shoes. Graves is a joke. He played here and people laughed at how bad it was.

ಠ_ಠ

This is not black metal.
Danzig.

He started the whole image, who wrote great songs, and I think he just had a better voice. Graves had a better range maybe, and wrote catchier songs, and had a more commercial voice I suppose, but Danzig still over Graves any day. But that's just my opinion.
I don't understand how people would think Graves had the better voice? And if it's about the range and sing songiness of it, then listen to post Samhain Danzig, his voice is way beyond Graves. Not saying that Graves doesnt have a good voice.
Danzig.

He WAS the misfits.
>>-(ಠ_ಠ-<<
>>-(. Y .)-<<
>>> . (<<<
>>-( Y )-<<
Quote by dudetheman
Dude, your fucking sig creeps me out.

Quote by Kosh H
I just noticed his sig too...I feel uncomfortable now...

Quote by WantsLesPaul
Your sig killed my boner _

DIY SO-CAL PUNK LABEL
Quote by 777Corey
I don't understand how people would think Graves had the better voice? And if it's about the range and sing songiness of it, then listen to post Samhain Danzig, his voice is way beyond Graves. Not saying that Graves doesnt have a good voice.

Yeah, Glenn's voice gets a lot better post-fits.

But Graves had the better voice as a member of the Misfits.

But yeah, if I was gonna sing in a tribute band, or be one of the two people, I'd wanna be Danzig and not Graves.
Jerry Only
Quote by emoboy027
Is fingering an emo chick that likes yoy and that has fallen in love with you is it wrong to you to finger her during lunch outside in front of everyone at the high school? would you not care or lol even wish it was you?

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!
Excuse to post this for the millionth time!

http://www.milkandcookies.com/link/50996/detail/
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
I like Danzig better, but Graves is also good and his acoustic stuff is really cool. also, my dad knows a guy that played with Graves and he got me every Misfits and Graves songs ever recorded, an autographed picture of Graves, and a bunch of buttons.
Graves. But they went kinda metal with Graves... Well not metal but more of a punk/metal/horror.
Thier both good singers. danzig had his voice graves had his voice. they both sounded diffrent but they both sounded great. but now that the bassist sings.................................well they sound like crap.
*sigh*

ok, Danzig's vocals in the early 80's were solid but nowhere where they are in his modern era/solo stuff.

Michael Graves has an insane range and brought an interesting spin.

Danzig was the misfits and conceptually made the band what it is.

So basically...as an actual singer during their time in the Misfits
Graves> Danzig

Overall

Danzig> Graves
Originally posted by J_Dizzle
THAAAANK YOU GoodCharloteSux is god
Its all about suiting the music...but being a better singer and executing your vocals better or worse then a previous singer will be considered, regardless how punk or un-punk you feel it is.
Originally posted by J_Dizzle
THAAAANK YOU GoodCharloteSux is god
Quote by neidnarb11890
Being the lead singer of a punk rock band has almost nothing to do with being a good singer.

What are you talking about, man? Where would punk rawk be without virtuosos like Tim Armstrong, Cal Morris, and Darby Crash?
I like Danzig better. He is pure evil, writes better songs, and has a better stage presence. But he won't even do a reunion show with the Misfits so...he's a douche.
Two closed threads in one day? New record!
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown