my Acer AL1912 19" lcd monitor keeps flickering.
I have changed everything
.screen (other screen is the same model but still flickered, didnt on another computer)
.vga cable
.adapter on the end of the cable to go into the graphics card (nvidia dvi - vga)
.graphics card (nvidia geforce 8600)
. different computer (still flickerd)

and now im lost for a solution!

It used to work then suddenly over time got worse and worse!

any ideas?

thanks in advance
If you changed the screen, and you are still having problems, then surely the cause is the computer itself?

Try updating drivers and all that jazz? Computer thread will have better answers.
Your computer may be dying.

And no, I'm not joking.

|_|0|_|
|_|_|0|
|0|0|0|
▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
Yeah, sounds like either video card or maybe try plugging it into a different power outlet if you've got it on a power strip.
you need a new computer methinks
* If my punctuation seems off, it's because my shift button is broken *
refresh rate = 75hz

theres a computer thread?! couldnt find it

and i've updated all the drivers
I'd recommend a new computer. eMachine's are not very good quality. **Trying to put it nicely**
stabbing it with a scimitar should do the trick.
Quote by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Smack it.
Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
The grandmother is having a baby with her grandson, so the grandson will be his own fathers father, the baby will be his own grandfather, and grandson, and the grandmother will be the mother, and great grandmother?

Quote by TheBurningFish
ಠ_ಠ
So i tried putting the graphics card into another computer and plugging that into 2 screens one working fine and the one that flickers and the screen didnt flicker at all so its NOT:

.The screen
.Graphics card
.vga cable
.nvidia adapter

so what could cause the problem? does any of the other hardware effect the graphics?

cheers for the help so far! im getting closer to the source biggrin
This'll sound stupid but my screen flashes if the brightness/contrast isn't on a high level. Otherwise its fine.
Test switching your refresh rate if you can, though i dont know if that'd fix it.
I had an acer laptop and this very thing happened to me.

If you press a certain point around the edge of the screen, does that fix it?

If it does, I'm sorry to break it to you but you need a new screen. The screens are pretty cheaply made and, after buying a new laptop, I took the faulty screened one apart and there was a huge crack in the copper insulation around the inner part of the screen, from poor construction.

If you think you can live with it, I put up with mine for ages by putting pressure on one edge of the screen, with a peg or whatever. Upon taking it apart I found this is where the crack was, so I was actually holding it together
lol but the screen is fine if its on a different computer so im guessing its something in the acctully computer
Quote by 169290
So i tried putting the graphics card into another computer and plugging that into 2 screens one working fine and the one that flickers and the screen didnt flicker at all so its NOT:

.The screen
.Graphics card
.vga cable
.nvidia adapter

so what could cause the problem? does any of the other hardware effect the graphics?

cheers for the help so far! im getting closer to the source biggrin

I would go back to my first post and say potentially a power issue. If you're drawing too much power through the outlets it could cause it. Try plugging one of the monitors into another outlet if possible.