Page 1 of 2
I was thinking about getting a suck knob. Would I be able to place between the head and cab so then it would just act as a master volume.
Quote by BrokenDstring
Just smear poo all over everything he owns. Trade him for a fake les paul. Turtle his backpack. Bang his friends.

THIS IS WHAT THE PIT IS. RETARDED THREADS. ALL DAY, EVERY GOD DAMN DAY.
Good post dudey.

it doesn't really do anything the suckknob is nothing more than a glorified master volume
Quote by gregs1020
Brett has been saving for a splawn for 4 years
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
Quote by dudey5691
1) It goes in the effects loop.

2) The VK already has a master volume, correct? It'd be redundant to get something that essentially does the same thing.

no there is a volume for each channel but there is a master reverb
Quote by BrokenDstring
Just smear poo all over everything he owns. Trade him for a fake les paul. Turtle his backpack. Bang his friends.

Hey dudley y do u have a link to the valveking thread when u do not own a valveking isn't that a lil wierd on ur part
Quote by BrokenDstring

Quote by ishmonkey
Hey dudley y do u have a link to the valveking thread when u do not own a valveking isn't that a lil wierd on ur part

no it's actually helpful. you found it right? you clicked on it right?

also, on the lead channel of the VK there is a gain and volume knob. the volume one is the master for the gain channel.
Have you even played a valveking that makes no sense. If I turned the gain all the way up and the volume down it would sound muddy as shit. Besides u like the blackhawks u don't deserve to live.
Quote by BrokenDstring

^Wow ask for advice then be a douche. Good going
Call me Cahum.

Squier Classic Vibe 50s Strat
Epiphone AJ-10 Acoustic

Valvepower 18w
Blackheart 112 cab
well you're not going to get any help if you're rude like that.

what are you actually intending to do?
Quote by ILiKePiNeAppLeS
^Wow ask for advice then be a douche. Good going

?.
Quote by BrokenDstring

Quote by tim_mop
well you're not going to get any help if you're rude like that.

what are you actually intending to do?

Get the amp so I can put the volume higher but the amp won't be as loud just the tone would be better
Quote by BrokenDstring

for that you'll want an attenuator. The two hot picks I see around are THD hotplates and Weber attenuators. These are good for rock OD sounds, but for metal easier to stick to preamp gain. I can't go in to detail as i haven't used any but i hope that gives you a starting point
Quote by ishmonkey
?.
If you can't see how rude you were to greg then I can't help you
Call me Cahum.

Squier Classic Vibe 50s Strat
Epiphone AJ-10 Acoustic

Valvepower 18w
Blackheart 112 cab
Trolllll.

Or a complete dumbass.

Either way, good thread.

The VK does have a master volume. Gain is preamp volume, volume is power amp volume. Which is the exact same as a master volume just labeled differently and on a seperate channel..

The VK sounds muddy as shit with the gain turned up because its a mediocre budget amp.
Quote by beckyjc
Trolllll.

Or a complete dumbass.

Either way, good thread.

The VK does have a master volume. Gain is preamp volume, volume is power amp volume. Which is the exact same as a master volume just labeled differently and on a seperate channel..

The VK sounds muddy as shit with the gain turned up because its a mediocre budget amp.

every amp I've seen with master volume also have a volume and gain why is this?
Quote by BrokenDstring

Quote by ishmonkey
Have you even played a valveking that makes no sense. If I turned the gain all the way up and the volume down it would sound muddy as shit. Besides u like the blackhawks u don't deserve to live.

so you have a suck knob but you need one for your amp?

try reading your owners manual nub.

edit: becky, it's now clear, complete dumbass.
Last edited by gregs1020 at Jun 6, 2010,
Quote by tim_mop
for that you'll want an attenuator. The two hot picks I see around are THD hotplates and Weber attenuators. These are good for rock OD sounds, but for metal easier to stick to preamp gain. I can't go in to detail as i haven't used any but i hope that gives you a starting point

thanks I've been looking at the hotplate but the least priced one I've found is 330 bucks and I just got the vk and how much is a weber attenator
Quote by BrokenDstring

If you really want a better sound out of your VK, go for an EQ pedal. The VK has alot of weird frequencies that need sorting out and an EQ will do you much better.

An attenuator is more for slightly cutting an amp that's already loud (like too loud for stage volumes) not for bringing loudness down to bedroom levels.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Quote by Raijouta
If you really want a better sound out of your VK, go for an EQ pedal. The VK has alot of weird frequencies that need sorting out and an EQ will do you much better.

An attenuator is more for slightly cutting an amp that's already loud (like too loud for stage volumes) not for bringing loudness down to bedroom levels.

+1 to all of this.

And +1 to these 'ebay' attenuators being just a master volume...which you already have on the VK.
Sorry to all the guys who I was a dickhead to except for Greg I just tried it out and doesn't sound as muddy as I thought it would be. And I was thinking eq pedal for a bit what about mxr eq I heard good about them
Quote by BrokenDstring

I think you should get 3-4 sucky knobs, and then stick them up yer ass.

Poor greg...

Seriously, this thread is a failure, master volume will not make your tone better unless you simply dont already have one. Try getting an EQ in the loop, it will work wonders. Dan Electro Fish n Chips is good for the price. $30 new
"If you're looking for me,
you better check under the sea,
because that's where you'll find me..."
congrats. you learned to use your amp.

sorry about what the blackhawks are going to do to your flyers tonight.

not really.
Quote by gregs1020
congrats. you learned to use your amp.

sorry about what the blackhawks are going to do to your flyers tonight.

not really.

thanks man appreciate it nd I'm goin to the next home game for the flyers /m/. And wow 30 bucks new for any pedal is kickass.
Quote by BrokenDstring

Quote by mr_hankey
wtf are blackhawks

Chicago blackhawks are in the Stanley cup playoff final with the Philly flyers they are hockey teams
Quote by BrokenDstring

Quote by ishmonkey
thanks man appreciate it nd I'm goin to the next home game for the flyers /m/. And wow 30 bucks new for any pedal is kickass.

Not when it sucks. Like the suck knob.

edit:
nevermind, I suck. I thought we were still on the suck knob.
Last edited by Ignite at Jun 6, 2010,
Quote by Ignite
Not when it sucks. Like the suck knob.

The Danelectro Fish N chips is a decent budget EQ...

Not as good as the MXR 10-band, or a rack EQ....but its also 1/3 of the price.

EDIT:
^ got it
This is I don't even know?
How are you eq'd. The valveking has too much mids. You need to turn your mids all the way down. You can get an eq pedal to get it down a little more but I suggest getting the amp modded for less mids.
Jumping on dat gear sig train.
PRS Hollowbody II / BKP Warpigs
Strandberg OS6T / BKP Aftermath
Strandberg OS7 / Lace Poopsticks
Skervesen Raptor 7FF / BKP Warpigs
Skervesen Raptor 6 NTB / BKP Juggernauts
Hapas Sludge 7 FF / Hapas Leviathan
Anderson Baritom / Motorcity Nuke BKP Sinner Anderson H2+
Warmoth Baritone / BKP Piledriver
Ibanez Rg2120x / BKP Nailbomb

Blackstar ID:Core Beam
Quote by eyebanez333

^ got it

I punched in fish n chips in youtube expecting to get a pedal review or something, but I got videos of actual fish and chips

But I will probably get one when I get my tube amp later this year. Seems like a solid pedal, and anyone can benefit from an EQ in the loop.
Quote by gregs1020
*picture of UND Fighting Sioux
...Thats them there fightin' sioux? Not even blackhawks?

If that is who you mean, then TS doesn't even know. UND has the best college hockey team on this continent, period.
"If you're looking for me,
you better check under the sea,
because that's where you'll find me..."
Quote by ishmonkey
every amp I've seen with master volume also have a volume and gain why is this?

for those amplifiers, gain knob controls how much signal is bypassed through the cathode bypass capacitor, in probably first or second gain stage. volume controls the output after the first gain stage. then master volume is probably before the effects loop buffer or the phase inverter.

an amp maker can add a volume knob after each gain stage. but there isn't really a need to do so.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
I heard the best master volume is post phase inverter which a geuss from me is afterthe phase inverter
Quote by BrokenDstring

Quote by DeathByDestroyr

If that is who you mean, then TS doesn't even know. UND has the best college hockey team on this continent, period.

no they are th blackhawks I think Greg just wanted to encorporqte a picture
Quote by BrokenDstring

Quote by ishmonkey
I heard the best master volume is post phase inverter which a geuss from me is afterthe phase inverter

Yes, this is true. a PPIMV would do what you want, but that would involve modding the amp's circuit. I'd recommend taking out the A/AB pot in the back and changing it for a PPIMV.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Quote by DeathByDestroyr

*shakes fist*

Quote by Raijouta
Yes, this is true. a PPIMV would do what you want, but that would involve modding the amp's circuit. I'd recommend taking out the A/AB pot in the back and changing it for a PPIMV.

bag I'm just gonna leave it for now and I'll think about it
Quote by BrokenDstring

Thread fail.

TS, a couple things:

1. Don't be such an asshole.
2. Don't bring hockey into a GG&A thread. It's called spam.
3. Just get a $30 EQ pedal to improve your tone.
4. Better yet, stop being so close-minded. You might be able to hear things better.

Quote by dullsilver_mike
The resonant frequency of the clitoris is too low for the guitar players to take care of.

Quote by jackers1234
you sir, have just won for this statement. =D

Young Knees
Quote by ishmonkey

I'm the one who made the Wiki, imbecile.
I have owned a VK, modded it, sold it (college dorms = quiet hours), and plan on buying another modded VK.
I know what the hell I'm talking about.

Like I said, the SuckKnob is a waste of money for this amp. You'd be better of buying an EQ.
Last edited by dudey5691 at Jun 7, 2010,
Page 1 of 2