Hey, well i'v had problems with my amp such as popping/farting noises.

I'v come to the conclusion that it is down to the tubes. The speaker proved to have no rip, I re-soldered some loose looking connections etc...

When I tap the tubes with a pencil, they 2 of them can be heard very clearly through the amp with a tapping noise and also the popping/farting noise that is causing a problem.

What sort of tubes should I look at? Should I just buy the same ones as used?

I like a good clean sound, but would like the amp to still get a good distortion sound. However, the clean is more important as I like to use pedals for my distortion/fuzz.

Do I need to get my Laney re-biased?

Thanks.
Quote by moominman2
Hey, well i'v had problems with my amp such as popping/farting noises.

I'v come to the conclusion that it is down to the tubes. The speaker proved to have no rip, I re-soldered some loose looking connections etc...

When I tap the tubes with a pencil, they 2 of them can be heard very clearly through the amp with a tapping noise and also the popping/farting noise that is causing a problem.

What sort of tubes should I look at? Should I just buy the same ones as used?

I like a good clean sound, but would like the amp to still get a good distortion sound. However, the clean is more important as I like to use pedals for my distortion/fuzz.

Do I need to get my Laney re-biased?

Thanks.

Yes you need it biased

You should buy JJ's and tung-sol's for it. I had an AOR. put JJ power tubes in and tung sol pre's and it'll JCM800 right up for you

I would look into getting a Vintage 30 or something like it for it it really really really helps the AOR shine

also bring it to a tech and get it looked over. they're somewhat unreliable it may need a cap change
Quote by gregs1020
Brett has been saving for a splawn for 4 years
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
You might see if you can get this question running on http://www.stonerrock.com/home.asp, as the users there seem to have a lot of knowledge about these particular amps. That said, I'd take it to an amp tech and ask his/her opinion, as they're bound to know about that kinda stuff. (They might even have stuff you could try first)

AORs are awesome amps from what I hear. I'm waiting for mine to get to me through the mail!
Last edited by Quinlan at Jun 6, 2010,
Quote by Quinlan
You might see if you can get this question running on http://www.stonerrock.com/home.asp, as the users there seem to have a lot of knowledge about these particular amps. That said, I'd take it to an amp tech and ask his/her opinion, as they're bound to know about that kinda stuff. (They might even have stuff you could try first)

AORs are awesome amps from what I hear. I'm waiting for mine to get to me through the mail!

I owned one for a fair while. trust me on what I said up there
Quote by gregs1020
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
you might be getting improper voltages to tubes (i'm no tech so don't quote me. Craig or Shot HELP ME OUT) and that would explain it. might be a bias problem
Quote by gregs1020

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
The end of an era