i have a slash wah pedal,metal muff and a digitech whammy pedal and i tried connecting them and i get all sorts of noise and stuff is there a specific way or order to connect them?

my connection is like this

guitar>wah>metal muff>digitech whammy>amplifier

any help is appreciated
my guitar stuff:
ESP JH-600
ValveKing 112
DigiTech Whammy Pedal
Taylor 314CE
Dunlop SW-95 Slash Wah Pedal
Cordoba C7 Nylon String Acoustic Guitar
Metal muff
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster Ash
Your effect chain is total personal preference, try experimenting around to find out what way makes the tone you're looking for. That said, I'd personally suggest having the muff as the first thing your sound goes through. I've never really used a whammy or wah, so I don't know which way they'd be best but typically distortion effects go first.
i'd rather do whammy -> wah -> muff personally

the whammy doesn't track very well, which means that if the signal before the whammy is altered, you'll get a glitchy tone, which can be bad in some ways and good in others, depends on what you like. However, the tone will be more natural if the whammy's before the muff.

as for the wah, same reason, though i keep my wah before my whammy becasue i'm more comfortable this way, and i never ever have both my wah and my whammy turned on at the same time (that would be awkward, only got 2 feet)
Quote by Darkflame
i'd rather do whammy -> wah -> muff personally

the whammy doesn't track very well, which means that if the signal before the whammy is altered, you'll get a glitchy tone, which can be bad in some ways and good in others, depends on what you like. However, the tone will be more natural if the whammy's before the muff.

as for the wah, same reason, though i keep my wah before my whammy becasue i'm more comfortable this way, and i never ever have both my wah and my whammy turned on at the same time (that would be awkward, only got 2 feet)

See? All personal preference. What I'd suggest is that you completely disregard other peoples' opinions and play around with it yourself until you find something that sounds good to YOU.
yeah im kind of messing with this i tried other suggestion of

guitar>metal muff>wah>whammy>amp

the whammy sucks a hell lot of tone.

this thing is so weird

i have my thing on clean and is loud enough. i activate wah i rock it back and forth i can hear wah effect nicely enough but i turn on the metal muff in front of it and bam no sound whatsoever
kills it completely >_<. what could it be?
my guitar stuff:
ESP JH-600
ValveKing 112
DigiTech Whammy Pedal
Taylor 314CE
Metal muff
Does your amp have an fx loop?, you might try running the whammy through there, keep it out of the other fx chain. Otherwise, I've had good results chaining the wah first, followed by dist,, chorus , flanger, then delay. I have a whammy pedal, but haven' t hooked it up w/the rest of the board yet., also was thinking about running a multiFX (DGFX-1) through my fx loop with my board going straight to the input, but that's another thing altogether.
Takes a Knockin' and Keeps on Rockin" DOA #08-01502
Quote by Darkflame
^oops didn't read the post over there
well typically, distortion effects go after the stuff like wah, compressors, pitch shifters because they tend to screw up otherwise... clean boosts also can be used before distortion to boost the saturation in the pedal ;-)

I thought most people ran their distortions first and their modulation effects last?
Quote by Kozlic
Music doesnt need to be quality to be good.

Press eject, give me the tape, if you know what's good for you
Quote by ferretjoe
Does your amp have an fx loop?, you might try running the whammy through there, keep it out of the other fx chain. Otherwise, I've had good results chaining the wah first, followed by dist,, chorus , flanger, then delay. I have a whammy pedal, but haven' t hooked it up w/the rest of the board yet., also was thinking about running a multiFX (DGFX-1) through my fx loop with my board going straight to the input, but that's another thing altogether.

correct!
Quote by stefan1988
yeah im kind of messing with this i tried other suggestion of

guitar>metal muff>wah>whammy>amp

the whammy sucks a hell lot of tone.

this thing is so weird

i have my thing on clean and is loud enough. i activate wah i rock it back and forth i can hear wah effect nicely enough but i turn on the metal muff in front of it and bam no sound whatsoever
kills it completely >_<. what could it be?

I've heard people say the metal muff hides the wah sound a lot, never heard of it completely taking all the sound out though, maybe you need new batteries? You might also want to try; Guitar>Whammy>Metal Muff>Wah>Amp.

Quote by Forkman
I thought most people ran their distortions first and their modulation effects last?

None of those pedals are true modulation, - chorus, tremolo, flanger, phaser, etc are modulation.
And the very general convention for pedal layout is:
tuner>pitch shifters>wah>dirt>modulation>delay>reverb
Last edited by greenwoodfan93 at Jun 8, 2010,
Quote by ferretjoe

I would really not be putting an Octaver/Pitch shifter into the FX loop, that's going to get glitchy as hell.
LesPaul
Pedals
OrangeRocker30
My band
PBT Native: Resident Graphics Monkey

all the effects are connected with the adapter so is not the batteries.

i might mess a little more with configurations and i let you know what happpens later on guys

>_<
my guitar stuff:
ESP JH-600
ValveKing 112
DigiTech Whammy Pedal
Taylor 314CE
Metal muff
Quote by greenwoodfan93
I've heard people say the metal muff hides the wah sound a lot, never heard of it completely taking all the sound out though, maybe you need new batteries? You might also want to try; Guitar>Whammy>Metal Muff>Wah>Amp.

None of those pedals are true modulation, - chorus, tremolo, flanger, phaser, etc are modulation.
And the very general convention for pedal layout is:
tuner>pitch shifters>wah>dirt>modulation>delay>reverb

exactly
pitch shifter goes first, because otherwise it'll glitch
always put the wah in front of the amp and run distortions into the wah

mod and delay go into the loop. delay last.

whammy in the loop or first in the chain...whammy is finnicky though
Some "famous" whammy tones are the result of improper tracking ie: distortion before whammy such as Morello and Radiohead.... do whatever makes you happy.
i think the slash wah pedal is messing with me since it has a built in distortion.

this is what happens i turn on wah kills completely my distortion sound so then i go to the metal muff to raise the volume of the distortion but you cant either is too soft or goes to insanely loud what i can do about it >_<

and sorry i took so long to reply. university and other stuff keeps me occupied
my guitar stuff:
ESP JH-600
ValveKing 112
DigiTech Whammy Pedal
Taylor 314CE
Metal muff