I sweat a lot under my arms even if I'm just sitting. The problem has been bugging me for years. Deodorants barely help with this issue. Anybody ever had this problem and solved the issue?
Impossible is just a word people say to make themselves feel better when they quit.
Vyse the Legend
perscription strength deodorant. shit burns, but it basically seals up your sweat glands. haha. enjoy

but i dont use it so thats all i can say about it
Last edited by GoodnightHero at Jun 6, 2010,
i had that, moved to antarctica and lived outside naked.

never sweated since
Lady Gaga if you're out there, i don't care if you have a penis or not, i will marry you
You can extra strong anti perspirants, ranging from over the counter, to prescription. You can also get injections, but to the best of my knowledge, they are quite expensive.
Quote by GoodnightHero
perscription strength deodorant. shit burns, but it basically seals up your sweat glands. haha. enjoy

I tried one once and the problem continued.
Quote by Random3
Not to be rude, but if you are overweight that could be a contributing factor.

I didn't know this. Thanks for the tip.
Impossible is just a word people say to make themselves feel better when they quit.
Vyse the Legend
Some people sweat alot more then others. My teacher in middle school used to sweat like a ****er under his armpits aswell. You usually saw those huge sweatmarks
I'm borderline underweight, 5'8", 130 lbs., and I still sweat just sitting down. I sweat when I get out of the shower, I feel hot and sweat when most people are perfectly comfortable. I know what you're going through. :P
I had that with my hands, called hyperhyrdosis or something, went to a dermatologist, prescribed some pills, basically seals off your sweat glands but it gives you TERRIBLE dry mouth,
Poop.

Yes, poop.
Or you could ask a doctor's advice? It's not that embarassing to talk about.
I'M A COWBOY
Quote by Caleb B
I'm borderline underweight, 5'8", 130 lbs., and I still sweat just sitting down. I sweat when I get out of the shower, I feel hot and sweat when most people are perfectly comfortable. I know what you're going through. :P

Well some people just sweat more that others. Some person's sweat doesn't smell at all, while other people's is disgusting.
Seeing as you're mentioning deodorants and not antiperspirants... that could be a problem?
Quote by SteveHouse
Also you're off topic. This thread is about Reva eating snowmen.
do you have long hair? most of your internal body heat leaves through your head so if you have long hair that helps keep it in and makes you feel hotter even when relaxing. also stress could be an issue
Gibson Grand Concert Acoustic
roland AC90

I mean this one time I was jacking it pertty hard and was making noises and what not

You, my friend, are a genius!
Quote by GoodnightHero

but i dont use it so thats all i can say about it

that... I have a similar TS, but luckily for me I don't get that strong of a smell of BO so it doesn't bother me. I'm pretty much immune to right guard and lynx antiperspirants... and it doesn't help because I sweat loads when I'm driving, probably out of nerves, when I think things I start sweating and when I think about sweating I usually sweat - like now for instance, cheers TS!!
"You're a twat!"- That dude in morrisons

"You Ugly git!" - That girl in the restaurant

"You Were a Mistake!" - Mum

just a few of my fans..

Long time ago I saw a bartender that had that problem. He had some botox shots under his arms, that sealed the sweat glands for like 7-8 month. I saw that like 6 years ago, I don't really remember much, but maybe that helps you.
Quote by deucedeucemr2
My knight in shining armor.

Quote by kstar22bassist
I like you sir. I would like to congratulate you on how awesome you are. You make me think that there is hope for humanity yet.

Quote by Venice King
try different anti-perspirant deoderants. For me Lynx (or axe for you americans) is rubbish, i tend to use Sure for men and Right guard. Be sure to try sporting ones as well, as these tend to be much better. Also, try sticks instead of sprays or vice versa.

Everyones different so no product will work for all people, just find one that works for you.
I had this problem, started to make sure I was getting deodorant AND antiperspirant, and it went away.

I use Right Gaurd Sport btw.
Quote by Caleb B

One tip I've found extremely helpful:

At the end of the shower, rinse in cold water. You leave the shower all hot, and will sweat until you cool down. It's good for everyone, not just us who sweat
Quote by l3vity
try different anti-perspirant deoderants. For me Lynx (or axe for you americans) is rubbish, i tend to use Sure for men and Right guard. Be sure to try sporting ones as well, as these tend to be much better. Also, try sticks instead of sprays or vice versa.

Everyones different so no product will work for all people, just find one that works for you.

Also women's antiperspirants are much more effective for some reason.
Tape nappies underneath your arms.

Sorted.
I stood before the glittery borders of new radius In search of the fabled city of mud and crushed velvet, What I found was a gutter where the love of entertainment Meets the lust for blood and demerits.
My sister had this problem and she had to get a perscription antiperspirant.
Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
You know you're in the drug thread when you see pictures of squash and "tuna nigga!" when you click the page.
I have the opposite problem. I get all hot and itchy and super uncomfortable but I barely sweat at all even if I'm drinking a gallon of water 10 minutes.
I was out in the scorching heat the other day and barely sweated at all... I always get sun stroke pretty bad though..
Cornflakes
I came into this thread preparing to post "LOSE SOME WEIGHT, FATTY." but instead find a range of attempts at helpful posts!

what is going on here!? Why isn't this a traditional "pit iz nt ur doctor lol REPORTED!" thread? At least a couple of jokes maybe?
Quote by Caleb B

I had that problem when I was a senior in high school turned out I had a huge tumor pushing on my adrenal gland. Not to alarm you just looking out.

Had one of these the size of a softball.

https://health.google.com/health/ref/Pheochromocytoma