Mac OSX (Or other Mac OS)
40 16%
Linux/Ubuntu
13 5%
Other
2 1%
Voters: 252.
Page 1 of 2
There was a poll on this a while back, though it was before W7/OSX Snow Leopard.

So, my question to the Pit is - What Operating System (OS) are you currently using?

Myself? I'm using Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit, though I wish I had Pro/Ultimate because of the 'XP Mode'.

Windows 7 is awesome, BTW.

Gibson Les Paul Studio
Yamaha Pacifica 112
Alvarez SLM
Orange Dark Terror
Orange PPC212OB 2x12 cab
Yamaha P-85 Keyboard
Last edited by imafool18 at Jun 6, 2010,
Windows 7 ultimate 64-bit. Works greeeaaat.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Windows 7 64 bit professional
Fender Geddy Lee Jazz
Warwick Corvette $$
Rockbass Streamer Fretless
Hartke HA5000
SWR Triad

Quote by Victory2134
I happen to enjoy every mankiss from shinhoman.
Vista 64-bit, which is a damn sight better than the 32-bit version, and Fedora 10 64-bit.
My name is Tom, feel free to use it.
OSX......only the cool kids have it
Quote by rgrockr
You can buy whatever guitar you want, you don't have to be at a certain skill level to buy one. This is real life, not some guitar-playing RPG where you have to unlock new guitars.
Mac osx.! 10.6. I tried out W7 recently though, it is a massive improvement on the vista disaster
OSX 10.6.3

anyone using a Mac OS other than OSX, I feel truly sorry for you
You're using UG classic, congratulations.
You should be using UG classic.

E-Married to Guitar0Player

http://the llama forum because its gone forever which sucks and I hate it.
Ubuntu 10.04. I use Vista if I'm home from uni, although Ubuntu beats the hell out of Windows Vista!
Next upgrade, I'll get a macbook, if I can afford it. If not, a Windows 7 box, dual booting with Ubuntu.
Quote by Kensai

Awesome guy right here
I have Vista on my laptop, but the desktop me and my bro share has XP, and the family computer has Windows 7. I have no real preference over any of them. I don't see too much of a difference other then Vista seems slightly suckier..
TOMAHAWK!

"Now I think I understand how this world can overcome a man..."

R.I.P.
James THE REV Sullivan
ubuntu. just upgraded from karmic to lucid. awesome so far. there's a bug in the software center, but if i use synaptic it works fine so it's no big d.

as i was doing the upgrade, i accidentally shut down the computer (stupid dock application i accidentally clicked on). anyway, had to take it into the shop. the guy completely fixed my computer (as it wasn't even recognizing the hard drive) and brought it back to life. and then fixed my wireless card. spent like three days on it and only charged me $150. he told me he always gives deals to people who use linux.
#DTWD
XP, cos it owns

Disclaimer: By reading the above post, you agree that El Hilliaro is legally and morally free from any responsiblity should any harm be incurred by said post.

Also, you agree that I'm awesome and own all your stuff now.
Quote by El Hilliaro
XP, cos it owns

This
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
First you put your pants on your head.
Second you dance.
Third you wipe off all the pussy.
Currently posting from Vista x86 but I have installs of Ubuntu 10.04 on this machine and my desktop has 7 x64 on it.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Windows Millennium Edition.

lol nah. I'm running OSX on my Macbook.
THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

Drive! Drive on down the field, men of the scarlet and gray...
I'm an
Engeneer
Enginere
Engenere
I'm good with math.

a0/2 + ∑ an cos(nπx/L) + bn sin(nπx/L)

ĤΨ(x,t) = iħ ∂Ψ(x,t)/∂t
σx σp ≥ h/2
osx on main computer, ubuntu on laptop dual boot with win7, debain on ppc laptop
(i also have an old mac from early 90s running os6)
now extra flamey
Vista, I'm long overdue an upgrade but with the amount of stuff I actually use my PC for it isn't really worth it
Quote by SlackerBabbath
This from a country who're trying to make up for being late for the last two world wars by being really early for the next one?

Quote by konfyouzd
i think this is my favorite post of the day

Quote by Benguitar2
You ****ing pwn.

Awesome, dude, just awesome.
win7 home premium. its just... win.
Quote by bearded_monkey
Oh man thats amazing, you win midi pure. I don't care whether it's a competition or not

Quote by halvies

could have been 3 's but there wasn't nearly enough exclamation marks to emphasize the anger/disbelief

oh yeah
Windows 7 64 Bit. Amazing OS.
PSN: KevGuy47
------▓▓▓▓▓
----▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
----▒▒▒░░
--░░░░░░
--▒▒░░░░░░
--▒▒░░░░▒▒▒▒
------░░░░░░░
----▒▒▒▒▒
--▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▒▒▒▒
░░▓▓░░
░░░▓▓▓▓▓▓░░░
░░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░
----▓▓▓----▓▓▓
--▒▒▒--------▒▒▒
▒▒▒▒--------▒▒▒▒
Windows 7 64-bit

It's funny, It doesn't look much different to Vista, It doesn't do much extra stuff compared to vista.... but it is night and day difference.
Yes XP was good, but c'mon guys.... it's almost a decade old, time to move on I think

Microsoft saved their asses a bit with that 7... I heard It's selling really well? Not sure If OSX is still gaining marketshare though

I also have XP Pro sat in one of my hardrives but I very rarely boot it.

Everyone says how 'when you go mac you never go back' but I have an old iMac with OSX and I work on Mac Pro's with OSX.6 all the time... I have no desire to move away from Windows 7... I like both, but I've actually had more problems with Macs than windows 7. I've had a mac pro completely fail on me twice (needed re-install of OS) and my iMac crashes as much as XP did.

I've had 7 for about half a year now and not once had to force-shutdown. It's rare that I have to wait for anything to load. The new features like snap and shake are not a gimmick, they are SO USEFUL! I can't bare not to have those features.

It's clean, fast, simple, intuitive, stable and compatible. Everything I want from an operating system.
No other operating system (windows or mac) have ticked all those boxes for me.
Last edited by vitchb at Jun 6, 2010,
Where's Windows 95?
Quote by nasstyman
i busted a g-string while fingering a minor...
Quote by 18zzz18
REPLY DUDE! YOU COULD BE THE SAVIOUR OF THE EARTH AND ALL OF MANKIND! (:
0h @nd U M@Y H@V3 2 T@LK L1K3 TH1S..... 1TZ TH3 L@NGU@G3 0F TH3 FUTUR3
Quote by RMC06
My old band teacher once called me a penis wrinkle.
Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit. I was disappointed because I thought this would have Office already installed, but NO, only got a damn demo .
Quote by MakinLattes
I'd kill you and wear your skin.
Quote by Siv During Livh
To attempt to have intercourse with a hornet's nest is a very bad idea,

Voted UG's worst cross dresser.
Also voted #95 on UG's Top 100 2013. Like it means anything....
Page 1 of 2