I've been playing guitar for about a year and I about ready to start soloing. I like bands like Led Zeppelin, The Beatles, Cream, Hendrix, CCR, The Animals, Grateful Dead, and Phish. What are some songs I could learn by any of these bands or similar bands that would help me learn to solo better?
well before learning anything by bands, you have to learn the 12 bar blues. have your teacher or someone play it while you solo with a pentatonic scale. And do it frequently, more practice makes perfect.

I feel hesitant giving you bands to learn off of because when you play someone else's song, you are learning to solo in their style. When you do the 12 bar blues (or even another riff that you come up with) you are creating your own style.
Ibanez S7521qm 7 string
Ibanez S771pb
Fender Jaguar HH Special
PRS SE Custom 24 7 string
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Quote by rtfk101
well before learning anything by bands, you have to learn the 12 bar blues. have your teacher or someone play it while you solo with a pentatonic scale. And do it frequently, more practice makes perfect.

I feel hesitant giving you bands to learn off of because when you play someone else's song, you are learning to solo in their style. When you do the 12 bar blues (or even another riff that you come up with) you are creating your own style.

Thanks dude thats really helpful! Is there anything else I should learn in addition to that?