So I've just finished final exams, left school etc..waiting for results with the possibility of uni in september, and actively looking for bar work/any work.

After having a few interviews and hearing nothing back, my dad suggested "going to the jobcentre and they give you money" AKA dole/Job seekers allowance, etc..

I've always been a bit against this, and although I do not discriminate etc against people receiving it I wouldn't want to apply for it and then see it as a better form of income than work, which I ultimately need.

Thoughts?
Bob Dole thinks you should get creative and start doing stuff out-of-house for money, hippie.

Bob Dole also wonders why Bob Dole's name is being used by a Scotsman.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 73-78
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 2-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 24-7
I'm on the brew, I'm going to college in September.
You work, you get taxed, you get some of your money back when you go on the Dole.
That's why you'll pay tax.
So I don't feel bad at all.
On playing the Paul Gilbert signature at the guitar store extensively, my missus sighed:
"Put it down now, It's like you love that guitar more than me!"
In Which I replied.
"Well it has got two F-Holes!"
just do it and do it honestly. you're against it because people take advantage of it, so when you're receiving aid, continue trying to find a job.
Sent from my iPad.
I was in this situation last year. It's only for a few months so it's not like you're staying on it forever and taking advantage of it. They won't give you it while you're at uni or college anyway since SAAS give you a bursary so you're going to need to find a job eventually. You literally can't stay on the dole.

My point is, it's there for a reason. That reason is situations like this. It would be daft not to use it.
See the "Dennis and Dee go on wellfare" it's always sunny in philadelphia episode.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Same as snake_42, was on it last year for a few months. However sitting in the job centre is soul destroying. Some folk sitting around the job centre also on the dole are a bit dodgy looking. I found my dignity a bit damaged after it all.
Quote by CrimboJones
Same as snake_42, was on it last year for a few months. However sitting in the job centre is soul destroying. Some folk sitting around the job centre also on the dole are a bit dodgy looking. I found my dignity a bit damaged after it all.

This.

I felt a little uncomfortable sitting in the same row of seats as all the junkies who go there for a living.
Can definately agree with that, even if I got paid off my previous job and have genuinely been looking for jobs lol.
Last time I was by, waiting for my friend to sign on, two junkie women had started a fight lol.
On playing the Paul Gilbert signature at the guitar store extensively, my missus sighed:
"Put it down now, It's like you love that guitar more than me!"
In Which I replied.
"Well it has got two F-Holes!"