Why is this website so infested all the sudden? Is Ultimate-Guitar not making enough money or getting greedy? I can't go anywhere without a stupid pop up or an expanding or interactive ad complete with wonderful AUDIO scaring the bejesus out of me through my surround sound. The stupid "UG brought to you by" thing was annoying but tolerable but this is just too far...I'm CONSIDERING DONATIONS HERE

/rant
yeah, what the **** is this anal bar at the bottom of the page. xbox shit and IM

hella annoyed, sell outs
Fuck it.
I don't understand. I use UG a lot and I've never seen a pop up in the past 6 months...

Quote by Jk47_
yeah, what the **** is this anal bar at the bottom of the page. xbox shit and IM...

I don't remember exactly how, but I'm sure you can disable that. I did as soon as I saw that ugly bar all over my screen.
Quote by deucedeucemr2
My knight in shining armor.

Quote by kstar22bassist
I like you sir. I would like to congratulate you on how awesome you are. You make me think that there is hope for humanity yet.

Quote by Venice King
Last edited by KrlzGmz at Jun 6, 2010,
Firefox + ******* ***. No pop-ups of ads and best of all I won't have to listen to your whining

* I have censored my suggestion out of fear of ban
Quote by Wikipedia.org
These nouns are often used with a form of "to be" rather than "to have," e.g., "he is pwnage" rather than "he has pwnage". Either is a more emphatic way of expressing the simpler "he pwns,"
Last edited by Wylde_Guitarist at Jun 6, 2010,
some ppl are such fails at interwebs

1. get firefox or chrome
2. search the extentions and get one that will fix that
3. go to the correct forum and post this
Sell and Promote your music TuneHub!

wy is yer mad at muy gramhar fer?

Quote by jimmyled
jimmybanks youre a genius.

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper
jimmybanks youre a genius

GO SENS GO
Last edited by JimmyBanks6 at Jun 6, 2010,
Quote by Jk47_
yeah, what the **** is this anal bar at the bottom of the page. xbox shit and IM

hella annoyed, sell outs

Its so you can IM your UG friends. Your welcome.
i just dont like the drop down ads.
this is actually a pretty intricate website if you guys didnt know. a huuuuuge database of tabs, one of the biggest forums on the internet, a whole social networking site intertwined with it (which i love), an instant messaging system, and news, videos, collums and reviews sections..

and, we get it all for free.
so someones gotta pay for it.

just dont complain, cause then theyll go away, and the money will come from us.
Quote by JimmyBanks6

1. get firefox or chrome
2. get *******

You can be banned for recommending that 7 letter word. Just a heads up.
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
First you put your pants on your head.
Second you dance.
Third you wipe off all the pussy.
Quote by JayT44
You can be banned for recommending that 7 letter word. Just a heads up.

serious? thats sad, oh well edited.

edit:// is it listed in the rules? i have said that many times and never anything

Quote by jimmyled

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper

GO SENS GO
Quote by Wylde_Guitarist
Firefox + Adblock pro. No pop-ups of ads and best of all I won't have to listen to your whining

Wouldn't that make UG lose money?

EDIT - Well, how 'bout that? ^
Last edited by Turkeyburger at Jun 6, 2010,
Quote by Wylde_Guitarist
Firefox + Adblock pro. No pop-ups of ads and best of all I won't have to listen to your whining

Me too
Comic

SAAAAAAAAANNNNNSSSS!!!!
Quote by JimmyBanks6
edit:// is it listed in the rules? i have said that many times and never anything

I don't believe so, but the last pop up thread, delirious rapist informed us of that.

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1321362&highlight=ads
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
First you put your pants on your head.
Second you dance.
Third you wipe off all the pussy.
Quote by JayT44
I don't believe so, but the last pop up thread, delirious rapist informed us of that.

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1321362&highlight=ads

hmm weird,

if any mod reads this, can you confirm or deny this???

Quote by jimmyled

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper

GO SENS GO
Quote by Wylde_Guitarist

I would rather donate to UG than support some stupid adblocker. Ads are livable. To a degree I don't mind them but sometimes websites go over board with them.
Quote by JimmyBanks6

1. get firefox or chrome
2. search the extentions and get one that will fix that

1. I don't have to deal with some pathetic Michael Meyers wanna-be who types like a thirteen year old texting his/her "bff" and uses words like "fails" and "interwebs"
2. I already use chrome.
3. I shouldn't have to download some stupid extension.
4. I'm too lazy to put it in the right forum. It took an incredible amount of agitation for me to even feel obligated to open this thread.
5. Lists are stupid.
6. Go to hell.

Edit: Okay, maybe that was a bit harsh...oh well.
Quote by GoodnightHero
i just dont like the drop down ads.
this is actually a pretty intricate website if you guys didnt know. a huuuuuge database of tabs, one of the biggest forums on the internet, a whole social networking site intertwined with it (which i love), an instant messaging system, and news, videos, collums and reviews sections..

and, we get it all for free.
so someones gotta pay for it.

just dont complain, cause then theyll go away, and the money will come from us.

I don't like the drop-down ads either. They're the most unnerving of them all. I just don't see why they don't have premium features or Merchandise. I mean come on, Who wouldn't buy a reasonably priced UG T-shirt?
Last edited by Loganh at Jun 6, 2010,
Quote by JimmyBanks6
hmm weird,

if any mod reads this, can you confirm or deny this???

Delerium confirmed it can happen in that thread.
Gear
Bugera 6262 Head
Harley Benton G212 Vintage
Ibanez RGA 121 Prestige
ESP LTD DJ600
Fender USA Stratecaster
Maxon O808
TC Electronic Flashback Delay
ISP Decimator
MXR 10 Band EQ
Boss T-U3 Tuner Pedal
Quote by Loganh

1. I don't have to deal with some pathetic Michael Meyers wanna-be who types like a thirteen year old texting his/her "bff" and uses words like "fails" and "interwebs"
2. I already use chrome.
3. I shouldn't have to download some stupid extension.
4. I'm too lazy to put it in the right forum. It took an incredible amount of agitation for me to even feel obligated to open this thread.
5. Lists are stupid.
6. Go to hell.

Edit: Okay, maybe that was a bit harsh...oh well.

1. i am older than u, and with a response like that, obviously more mentally sane than you.
2. you ask for a solution, we give it to you, you respond like that?
3. i will type how i want
4 i hope this list pissed you off.

5. grow the hell up, and gtfo

6. also *reported*

Quote by jimmyled

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper

GO SENS GO
Quote by Loganh

I don't like the drop-down ads either. They're the most unnerving of them all. I just don't see why they don't have premium features or Merchandise. I mean come on, Who wouldn't buy a reasonably priced UG T-shirt?

theyre terrible. but its whatever.
and merch costs money too. its not a guarantee theyll sell. ads are guaranteed money.
Quote by JimmyBanks6
1. i am older than u, and with a response like that, obviously more mentally sane than you.
2. you ask for a solution, we give it to you, you respond like that?
3. i will type how i want
4 i hope this list pissed you off.

5. grow the hell up, and gtfo

6. also *reported*

1. You are older than me.
2. Yeah, sort of pissy on my part. but insulting someones computer skills is always constructive.
3. True, you can.
4. It actually made me laugh at this point.
5. nou
6.Oh well, I hardly ever really use this.
8. I'm going to stop arguing now. Have a nice night.
Edit: I'm interested as to why you're more mentally sane?
Last edited by Loganh at Jun 6, 2010,
Quote by Loganh
I would rather donate to UG than support some stupid *********. Ads are livable. To a degree I don't mind them but sometimes websites go over board with them.

I don't "support" it with any type of money. It's a free add-on that took 10 seconds to install. But I looked at the ads on UG for years before I installed it so I call it even
Quote by Wikipedia.org
These nouns are often used with a form of "to be" rather than "to have," e.g., "he is pwnage" rather than "he has pwnage". Either is a more emphatic way of expressing the simpler "he pwns,"
Quote by Wylde_Guitarist
I don't "support" it with any type of money. It's a free add-on that took 10 seconds to install. But I looked at the ads on UG for years before I installed it so I call it even

Forgive me, I assumed because of the word "Pro" in the name and the website. That you had purchased it.