Poll: Have you given up on people? (In general)
Poll Options
View poll results: Have you given up on people? (In general)
Yes, of course.
21 51%
No, I think we're okay.
20 49%
Voters: 41.
This is sort of inspired by the thread about the person who claims Twilight invented Wherewolves... Consider all the people that the general public idealizes: Justin Beiber, Lady Gaga, Twilight, et cetera...

So I guess the question is, when you look at all this do you ever feel like giving up on people all together?

EDIT: I don't mean JUST the F'd up media, I'm saying everything...
Last edited by Epicbizzjizz at Jun 6, 2010,
Making some progress, must try harder.
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
//////////////////////////////////////HEALTH
You do realize it mostly teenagers right?
"Music became a healer for me. And I learned to listen with all my being. I found that it could wipe away all the emotions of fear and confusion relating to my family." Eric Clapton
No, I think we're okay

People have always been like that. And look at those people who did amazing things!
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
Quote by Blackwaterson89
You do realize it mostly teenagers right?

I'm not saying JUST stuff like that, I'm saying in general: Consider the oil spill debacle, the mess that is congress, et cetera (I have to stop using that)...
Quote by Epicbizzjizz
This is sort of inspired by the thread about the person who claims Twilight invented Wherewolves... Consider all the people that the general public idealizes: Justin Beiber, Lady Gaga, Twilight, et cetera...

So I guess the question is, when you look at all this do you ever feel like giving up on people all together?

I resent your Gagaloo reference, she is a very talented woman. Even if you don't like her stuff, surely it's easy enough so see

At any rate, I have given up on people as a result of how I've been treated thus far throughout my life, and from things my parents have recounted to me.

People are, for the most part, predictable.
Going about their business, doing things for their own good, occasionally hurting others for a buzz. Some people pick those people up and look after them. But everyone is at least unpleasant towards someone else at one point in their lives.
Quote by SteveHouse
Also you're off topic. This thread is about Reva eating snowmen.
Sometimes it's really hard to maintain a positive outlook on humanity in general, but it has to be maintained to gain any sort of success.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
im fine with the world. what you speak of is american media. take an interest in the real world man. calling twilight, justin beiber, lady gage, etc the world is pitiful on your part. take a hike on the AT, visit an unknown country. the world is bright and adventurous not lame. you guys just dont know where to look
Gibson Grand Concert Acoustic
roland AC90

I mean this one time I was jacking it pertty hard and was making noises and what not

You, my friend, are a genius!
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
I resent your Gagaloo reference, she is a very talented woman. Even if you don't like her stuff, surely it's easy enough so see

At any rate, I have given up on people as a result of how I've been treated thus far throughout my life, and from things my parents have recounted to me.

People are, for the most part, predictable.
Going about their business, doing things for their own good, occasionally hurting others for a buzz. Some people pick those people up and look after them. But everyone is at least unpleasant towards someone else at one point in their lives.

Agreed, in both respects. Gaga is amazing, and people are crap.

How you been Reva?

EDIT: msn'd
Last edited by Pyrest at Jun 6, 2010,
Quote by Xiaoxi
Sometimes it's really hard to maintain a positive outlook on humanity in general, but it has to be maintained to gain any sort of success.

My sentiments exactly.
What is mountains? A mountains has no special shapes or sound!

Epic Chill Broseph Of the Australia FTW! Club. PM Alter-Bridge or The_Random_Hero to join.

I feel like giving up on the world more when i see that all parents care about is competition of their kids/possessions being better than their "neighbors" and alot of kids are narcissistic and hedonistic.
(YEA IM 13 AND I USE BIG WORDS!! LANGUAGE ARTS CLASS FTW)
If I ever give up on the world, it won't be because of the things you mentioned. I don't care about popular culture. Some of it I enjoy, and the rest of it I ignore. Anyone trying to claim that they are forcefully subjected to things like Twilight, Justin Bieber, etc. is just trying to make him/herself out to be a victim of society. I frankly couldn't give a damn about what is popular or unpopular. All the people that bitch about bands, movies, etc. that they don't like are just too insecure about their own tastes.
Quote by AA00P
Listen to the man, he's Jewish.
Quote by salgala2000
I feel like giving up on the world more when i see that all parents care about is competition of their kids/possessions being better than their "neighbors" and alot of kids are narcissistic and hedonistic.

YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
//////////////////////////////////////HEALTH
Quote by Pyrest
Agreed, in both respects. Gaga is amazing, and people are crap.

How you been Reva?

EDIT: msn'd

At least someone understands.... both my views on Gaga and people.

Not to say I don't believe that you can really make the most of life, I'm in a very good mood, honest!
Quote by SteveHouse
Quote by bendystraw
PROTIP: you get one shot at life, correct your cynicism or you'll regret it.

EDIT: also, here's a link to the greatest monologue of cynicism ever.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Za2k5wA3sk

i 100% agree but i think its sooo funny considering what you said compared to your picture its amazing
Gibson Grand Concert Acoustic
roland AC90

I mean this one time I was jacking it pertty hard and was making noises and what not

You, my friend, are a genius!
Quote by bendystraw

EDIT: also, here's a link to the greatest monologue of cynicism ever.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Za2k5wA3sk

This is pretty cool too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S1SuMgOnaXk
Quote by RawPower218
Why would you place Lady Gaga in with all of those terrible things?

MY FAITH IN HUMANITY IS SLOWLY BEING RESTORED

Gaga love is needed.
Quote by SteveHouse
I think the holier-than-thou, mainstream-shunning-for-the-sake-of-it-being-mainstream, elitist attitude that seems to run rampant with people is more of a threat to the well-being of the world than the mainstream examples you cite.
I think its just the evolution of generations. The people I have befriended in my life are simply amazing so I'm not giving up on them. And I'm not giving up on society either. There's still good out there, we just got to adapt, which, over time, becomes natural.
anybody wanna put anything here just let me know
Quote by salgala2000

You will not do well here, boy.