Hey,

This song is my second ever song, so hopefully i've improved since the last one.

There's some questions I'm keen to have answered, such as
  • Do the harmonies work well
  • Does the music flow, or feel disrupted
  • Can anyone write some drums for this?
  • Is the bass guitar too simplistic
  • is the solo good?

I'm not 100% sure if the intro would be considered melodic metal, but overal I think it falls into that category

Thanks guys!
Attachments:
Simony.gp5
Simony.mid
Simony.gp4
Last edited by zezikaro at Jun 6, 2010,
Very nice I'm loving the intro riff the rhythm is nice.

It sounds a little dull at parts though. it would be better in my opinion with some string ensemble in the back and maybe add some orchestral hits to add some dynamic to your guitars and make it sound alot more 'lively' I guess would be the word.

The solo is ok, but like I said you need to liven things up a bit maybe add some harmonies with a keyboard to make it sound interesting.

The bass is fine and follows the flow of the song quite nicely.

In all, I quite like it! It has a dark feel and nice melodies.

Here is a little something I added on I wrote drums, not enough to finish the whole thing and I added some other things.
Attachments:
Simony.gp5
Last edited by NothingRocks at Jun 7, 2010,
Intro = Very nice felt kinda epic and "troll"like bar 37-51 were very good with a cool "random" touch, however at bar 52 i would like a horn or something more "troll"like, to increase the epic feeling. However the song was awesome but without the drums it gets kinda lame :/... add dthe drums adn it´s probably worth 9/10.
Quote by NothingRocks
Very nice I'm loving the intro riff the rhythm is nice.

It sounds a little dull at parts though. it would be better in my opinion with some string ensemble in the back and maybe add some orchestral hits to add some dynamic to your guitars and make it sound alot more 'lively' I guess would be the word.

The solo is ok, but like I said you need to liven things up a bit maybe add some harmonies with a keyboard to make it sound interesting.

The bass is fine and follows the flow of the song quite nicely.

In all, I quite like it! It has a dark feel and nice melodies.

Here is a little something I added on I wrote drums, not enough to finish the whole thing and I added some other things.

Oh woahzor, I love those drums, that's really good =D

And I can't believe I didn't think of what you did at the start of the song, considering how much I love that sort of style haha!

Point taken with the keyboards, I love songs with keyboards used a lot.. And i completely neglected it =[

Is there a possibility that you could complete the rest of the drums if that's not too much hassle for you?

Thanks for the CC.
Quote by Metal_Defender
Intro = Very nice felt kinda epic and "troll"like bar 37-51 were very good with a cool "random" touch, however at bar 52 i would like a horn or something more "troll"like, to increase the epic feeling. However the song was awesome but without the drums it gets kinda lame :/... add dthe drums adn it´s probably worth 9/10.

I'll look into this 'troll' thing more in the future lol, do you have any examples of bands that are 'trolling' ?
"I'll look into this 'troll' thing more in the future lol, do you have any examples of bands that are 'trolling' ?"

Most finnish metal bands like Kalmah, battlelore, Finn"TROLL" etc. :P
hey man

first thing i have to say after listening to this is : awesome !

* Do the harmonies work well

Yes

* Does the music flow, or feel disrupted

Yes and No
Some transitions feel a little odd , but still ok

* Can anyone write some drums for this?

look like it has been partly done allready , allthough i would be willing to do it aswell

* Is the bass guitar too simplistic

Depends , it serves its purpose , but its not very present.

* is the solo good?

I liked it

the song reminded me a lot of Amon Amarth at some points

o and really liked the parts from 107

allthough there were some odd things here and there , but it didnt kill the overall feel
8.5/10

Could you crit The Holy Crusade for me ? its in my sig thanks.
Last edited by MobiuZ at Jun 11, 2010,