i just bought a new dunlop 535q wah and it is extremely good but i have a problem, whenever i am using the wah and push the button ( to turn it off), it tends to stick and so when i go back to turn it on, i have to first push the heel of the pedal down to release the button and then push the toe down to trigger the button, is this normal?

i haven't ever owned any other wah pedal and so im not sure, but shouldn't wah pedals, when the button is pushed, push back automatically so when you want to activate it the next time you can just put pressure on the top of the pedal?
Quote by khanomar3
i just bought a new dunlop 535q wah and it is extremely good but i have a problem, whenever i am using the wah and push the button ( to turn it off), it tends to stick and so when i go back to turn it on, i have to first push the heel of the pedal down to release the button and then push the toe down to trigger the button, is this normal?

i haven't ever owned any other wah pedal and so im not sure, but shouldn't wah pedals, when the button is pushed, push back automatically so when you want to activate it the next time you can just put pressure on the top of the pedal?

Time to get new switches, or oil the spdt.
Quote by sfx
Time to get new switches, or oil the spdt.

isn't this usually the case with older wah pedals and not newer ones?
Quote by khanomar3

Erm, from what you're saying I think its normal, with my 535Q I automatically push the heel down slightly after turning it off to release the button, just so it's good to go for when I need to turn it back on.
Quote by greenwoodfan93
Erm, from what you're saying I think its normal, with my 535Q I automatically push the heel down slightly after turning it off to release the button, just so it's good to go for when I need to turn it back on.

i recently tried a classic wah, and it spings back up automatically just enough to release the button, are only 535q wah's like this then?
Quote by greenwoodfan93

i'm agreeing with this post
i have a 535Q, and it's the same to me... the button is the same button as on any footswitch, if you stomp on a pedal and leave your foot there, the button will stay pressed
After re-reading I agree also. Doesn't the 535 have an adjustable torque for the treadle? Might want to loosen it up a little if it does so maybe it won't stick down. I have a lot of wahs and I couldn't get any of mine to do it when I tried.

I don't have a 535q though so it may be particular to this pedal.
Quote by Griffin Effects
After re-reading I agree also. Doesn't the 535 have an adjustable torque for the treadle? Might want to loosen it up a little if it does so maybe it won't stick down. I have a lot of wahs and I couldn't get any of mine to do it when I tried.

I don't have a 535q though so it may be particular to this pedal.

thanks alot guys, i guess its just a common thing w the 535q footswitches then!

but what do u mean by the torque adjustment how would would i go about doing that?
Quote by khanomar3
thanks alot guys, i guess its just a common thing w the 535q footswitches then!

but what do u mean by the torque adjustment how would would i go about doing that?

Some wah's have a clamp that can be tightened/loosened usually by a Allen Wrench on the bar that holds the treadle to the base. Look under the treadle at the heel of the pedal and see if there is a block with a screw that you can tighten and loosen. I'll try to find something online or take a picture of one of mine.

I looked online at Dunlop and it didn't say if it had a torque adjustment.
You can look at the Zakk Wylde Wah HERE to see what I was talking about.
Last edited by Griffin Effects at Jun 8, 2010,
Quote by Griffin Effects
Some wah's have a clamp that can be tightened/loosened usually by a Allen Wrench on the bar that holds the treadle to the base. Look under the treadle at the heel of the pedal and see if there is a block with a screw that you can tighten and loosen. I'll try to find something online or take a picture of one of mine.

I looked online at Dunlop and it didn't say if it had a torque adjustment.
You can look at the Zakk Wylde Wah HERE to see what I was talking about.

alright thanks alot but unfortunately mine doesn't feature anything like that, oh well
If yours is like the GCB-95 that has a metal strap going over the bar held on by 2 nuts and screws, you can loosen the nuts up a little and it will free up the treadle a little. Might help a little.
Quote by Griffin Effects
If yours is like the GCB-95 that has a metal strap going over the bar held on by 2 nuts and screws, you can loosen the nuts up a little and it will free up the treadle a little. Might help a little.

alright thx ill look into it