is there any difference between windows media center and windows media player? i dont use either of them that often and from what ive seen the media center is just a fancy media player. is there any benefits of using the media center? i keep all my music on itunes so i dont need the music section, and it seems easier to play a dvd with the media player.
I have a remote that I can use with Media Center throughout the house. But I don't watch videos on my computer so it's useless.

Realplayer > WMC > WMP > VLC
Both of them are mediocre. Windows Media Player has a long loading time, and Media Center takes up the whole screen (including the taskbar.)

I use iTunes for music, and DivX for most videos.
Quote by user_nameless
You can go ahead and sponge my bob.

/notfunnyatalljoke.

Quote by halo43
When you date a vegetarian, you're the only meat they'll ever eat.
Last edited by TMF128 at Jun 6, 2010,
Quote by devourke
I have a remote that I can use with Media Center throughout the house. But I don't watch videos on my computer so it's useless.

Realplayer > WMC > WMP >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> VLC

Fixed.
I use Winamp for music and BS player pro for videos, try them. And Windows media player CLASSIC for DVDs. Looks old, but fast it can play just anything.
Quote by Gexzilla
I use Winamp for music and BS player pro for videos, try them. And media player CLASSIC for DVDs. Looks old, but fast it can play just anything.

Fixed. It's nothing to do with Windows.
hello
Quote by Gexzilla
I use Winamp for music and BS player pro for videos, try them. And media player CLASSIC for DVDs. Looks old, but fast it can play just anything.

Fixed. It's nothing to do with Windows.

Also, WMC can be used with a remote and you can watch tv on it with a tv tuner.
And VLC is better than any video player.
hello
Quote by devourke

Realplayer > WMC > WMP > VLC

Realplayer is one of those pieces of software that behaves like a ****ing virus. **** Realplayer.
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
Quote by CrazyPigeon
Sadly, I have to use iTunes for my iPod.

No, no you don't
hello
Quote by CrazyPigeon
I use VLC for video and Spotify for music. Sadly, I have to use iTunes for my iPod.

Winamp can end the pain.

That said I use iTunes from time to time, it has a different sound signature from Winamp.
Quote by 666_Pounder
Winamp can end the pain.

That said I use iTunes from time to time, it has a different sound signature from Winamp.

Winamp likes to screw with your file associations. When I removed it I had to re assign my damn library.

But it's not bad if you really plan on sticking with it.

|_|0|_|
|_|_|0|
|0|0|0|
▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
Quote by TMF128
Both of them are mediocre. Windows Media Player has a long loading time, and Media Center takes up the whole screen (including the taskbar.)

I use iTunes for music, and DivX for most videos.

You do know that you can minimize Media Centre so it soesn't do that right?
Gear
Bugera 6262 Head
Harley Benton G212 Vintage
Ibanez RGA 121 Prestige
ESP LTD DJ600
Fender USA Stratecaster
Maxon O808
TC Electronic Flashback Delay
ISP Decimator
MXR 10 Band EQ
Boss T-U3 Tuner Pedal