So a few weeks ago Im walking through this nice little pawn shop and came across this beauty

A crate 412gtsl!! It sounds really nice and punchy. Its loaded with celestion seventy80s. I scored it for 200 bucks. But you might ask yourself.. Nick!?! Why in the world would you have a Cab if you dont have an amp Head!?!

Well, I happened to find this sitting atop it at the shop!!
]
OOooOOOooo Marshall!!

The only gain is Ultra Gain!!

A Marshall Jcm 2000 Dsl 100!!

All i can say about this is... Wow.. no. Not even wow. I could not believe it. Its such a jump up from my Valvestate. Its so warm, and punchy, and just sings! I never thought I could play an amp with to much gain, but this has a ton. A lot more than I expected.
The Clean channel was almost breathtakingly awesome. I couldnt believe it. My vavlvestate's clean channel was broken, so I had forgotten what it was like to get great cleans. It has plenty of headroom and has a nice rich tone

The bass boost switch I leave on almost always, especially on this channel. If I dont, It sounds very.. country like. I feel as if I should play some chicken picken stuff. But the switch engaged, sounds great. It has just the right amount of break up too. Not to much, but enough to be warm. The Classic crunch has a great zep type sound. Its not quite my style, but I love zep, and if I ever feel the need to cover Mr.Page, I know what channel to turn to.

The Ultra Gain Channel is, Jesus, Amazing!! I have never heard such great overdriven tones. Its just feels so alive! I dont think I can ever go back to solid state again. With the Lead 2 engaged, its waaayyy to much gain. But Lead 1 has more than enough. Its pretty ****ing sweet.

And Lastly, This amp responds great to your volume knob. I can play super clean with it rolled down, turn halfway up and get a great rock type sound, and all the way up to get a great hard rock, and metal tone.
which brings me to the Scoop button. Its worthless IMO and I havent found a good tone on it. I like my mids..

Sorry for the wall of text!!
Last edited by nickdohle at Jun 6, 2010,
How much was the marshall? Happy new gear day!!! Enjoy..
LICKY, LICKY LOLLIPOP

Quote by soundjam
Which is why you eat funions. All the deliciousness of fried onions without disgusting lukewarm onion snake.
Congrats, gotta love pawn shops lol.

I liked the cleans on the 2000 I played aswell, great cleans, but I wasn't a fan so much of the overdrive, its usuable but nothing special imo, big leap from the valvestate though. Enjoy the amp.
Agile AL3000
Douglas WRL90
SX SR1 STD Plus
J&D Strat
Squier Tele
Sammick TR2
Douglas Draco
Peavey JSX
Bugera V5
TWANGED VJ
Quote by BrokenDstring
How much was the marshall? Happy new gear day!!! Enjoy..

Got it for 750 usd. Not the best, But definitely not the worst. its literally brand new. It was made about a year ago, and doesn't have a single mark on it. Not even dust.
Quote by nickdohle
Got it for 750 usd. Not the best, But definitely not the worst. its literally brand new. It was made about a year ago, and doesn't have a single mark on it. Not even dust.

Man that's great...I've got one that might be available still tomorrow for $600, I get the feeling you'll tell me I should jump on that?
LICKY, LICKY LOLLIPOP

Quote by soundjam
Which is why you eat funions. All the deliciousness of fried onions without disgusting lukewarm onion snake.
Quote by BrokenDstring
Man that's great...I've got one that might be available still tomorrow for $600, I get the feeling you'll tell me I should jump on that?

Id go for it. They were 1200 new, and I see them on ebay for 800 bucks. The cheapest craigslist one i found was for 700. 600 would be a pretty great price. And you will not be disappointed with the sound! Well, I sure wasnt. lol
Not a Marshall fan but I can admit you got a good dealio on that bad boy. HNHSD (happy new half stack day )
Ibanez RGR421EXFM >> Maxon OD808 >> BOSS NS-2 >> Peavey 5150 212