A few days ago I restrung my Takamine G Series EG334SC acoustic guitar, and when I took all the strings off, the bridge saddle fell out....sort of. The saddle had a metal bar attached to it and had a wire coming off of it running to the preamp on the guitar, which has lead me to believe that my guitar is not actually a mic guitar, but works off a pizo system. But I don't understand the need for this on an acoustic guitar, maybe I'm wrong, but idk, that's why I'm asking here.

Am I insane or is this a pizo(?) system?
It is a piezo system, yes. I highly doubt any guitar priced like the EG334SC would be miced. The cheapest miced guitar I can think of is a Seagull with Q2 electronics and even that's about $600+.
Equipment:
- Art & Lutherie Cedar CW (SOLD! )
- Martin D-16RGT w/ LR Baggs M1 Active Soundhole Pickup
- Seagull 25th Anniversary Flame Maple w/ LR Baggs Micro EQ

Have an acoustic guitar? Don't let your guitar dry out! Click here.
Quote by ethan_hanus
A few days ago I restrung my Takamine G Series EG334SC acoustic guitar, and when I took all the strings off, the bridge saddle fell out....sort of. The saddle had a metal bar attached to it and had a wire coming off of it running to the preamp on the guitar, which has lead me to believe that my guitar is not actually a mic guitar, but works off a pizo system. But I don't understand the need for this on an acoustic guitar, maybe I'm wrong, but idk, that's why I'm asking here.

Am I insane or is this a pizo(?) system?

It's called an "under saddle transducer" and is the pickup for your guitar. You'll want to be careful of those wires first off. Secondly, make sure there's no debris in the bottom of the routed slot for the pickup/saddle combo. The pickup needs to be totally flat against the bottom of the slot and the bottom of the saddle piece, sandwiched in between the two parts. When installed correctly and are of decent quality this type can give a very good plugged in tone when pumped through a dedicated acoustic amp. It's not as pure as a mic would be but is very good none-the-less.
Quote by ethan_hanus
But I don't understand the need for this on an acoustic guitar, maybe I'm wrong, but idk, that's why I'm asking here.

Piezoelectric pickups have a few big things going for them. They are cheap as dirt to produce, less invasive than a microphone, and aren't easily damaged.
Quote by captivate
It is a piezo system, yes. I highly doubt any guitar priced like the EG334SC would be miced. The cheapest miced guitar I can think of is a Seagull with Q2 electronics and even that's about $600+.

It's a $700 guitar, I would expect it to be miced, right? Dosen't matter now, it sounds pretty decent plugged into a PA system, but I plan on buying the Takamine Cool Tube preamp and putting it in my guitar one of these days.

Thanks for the info guys, so it's a transducer type pickup, didn't even know those existed.
Is it $700? I thought it would be much lower since my friend's EG340 was only $400ish.

Anyway, no. Microphones are not a given.
Equipment:
- Art & Lutherie Cedar CW (SOLD! )
- Martin D-16RGT w/ LR Baggs M1 Active Soundhole Pickup
- Seagull 25th Anniversary Flame Maple w/ LR Baggs Micro EQ

Have an acoustic guitar? Don't let your guitar dry out! Click here.
how the guitar not miced if lower than 600$ ??

i mean i'm going to buy Fender 140 SCE 300$
what about that ?