Good enough deal, but you're gonna want to mod it if you do buy it.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Quote by ECistheBest
haha buy it new for $70!

If i'm going to spend 70 bucks I really would rather find the best deal.
oops i thought that listing was for 70 bucks when you said it haha. my bad.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
Quote by Raijouta
Good enough deal, but you're gonna want to mod it if you do buy it.

It's the price really, but having a decent pot decent hurt.
Quote by forsaknazrael
35 is good, though. I have two wahs that I bought for 30 bucks each.

The Crybaby isn't a great wah, but it's a decent wah to start with.

Decent pot? They ALL come with the Hot Potz, yet again....

WE KNOW!!!!

It's the replacement pot.

Decent meaning at least I know that i'm buying a wah off of someone who took care of the wiring.

Can you stop the Nazi Hot Potz Crusade? Thanks.
never know if he's credible...

even i can replace a pot and take care of the wiring. how do u know i'm credible?
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
Quote by ECistheBest
never know if he's credible...

even i can replace a pot and take care of the wiring. how do u know i'm credible?

Well, I'd rather buy someone at least knows what a potentionmeter is and put a new one in rather than off of some kid who just stomped on it and left it in the garage.

I get your point though.

I'm basically just trying to find the best deal I can under or at 70.
Quote by Funk Monk
Decent meaning at least I know that i'm buying a wah off of someone who took care of the wiring.

Well, you didn't make it sound like this...
Kept mentioning it as if it was a new feature on the wah.

And you didn't respond to my post. Wasn't sure if you read it.

And yes, they offer the Hot Potz as a replacement, but at no point does the guy say he's replaced the old Hot Potz. He just mentions that it has a Hot Potz.

So could you please stop your Nazi Hot Potz crusade? Thanks.
Nazi Hot Potz crusade

Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
I was also looking at: Vox Wah-Wah Model V847 With original box vinyl cover / case, warranty card and 9volt adapter $60
Quote by forsaknazrael
rip.

the Vox V847's are the same circuit as the Crybabies, pretty much.

Thanks for this bit of info.

Now we're getting somewhere.

What's the small small difference? Wiring Wise.

EDIT: To me, the vox sounds better for rhythm because it is less scratchy, yet the crybaby sounds better for soloing over when put against the vox.
Last edited by Funk Monk at Jun 7, 2010,
Well, I can explain it to you, but I don't know how much sense it will make.

The resistor on the emitter of Q1 is usually larger. This makes for a bit less bass, and less of a honky. It's pretty slight at these larger values, once you get past 390 ohms, it's all pretty similar, IMO. You'll see it anywhere between 390-470-510 ohms in these pedals.
Another difference is that a lot of V847s don't have an input buffer. Doesn't really mean much tonally, for most people.

Those are the two biggest differences.
Quote by forsaknazrael

The resistor on the emitter of Q1 is usually larger. This makes for a bit less bass, and less of a honky. It's pretty slight at these larger values, once you get past 390 ohms, it's all pretty similar, IMO. You'll see it anywhere between 390-470-510 ohms in these pedals.
Another difference is that a lot of V847s don't have an input buffer. Doesn't really mean much tonally, for most people.

Hmm okay and this makes sense because I did notice the crybaby was a bit more scratchy and yes less honky.
A lot of people say that the Vox is also brighter, and the Dunlop is a bit muddy or too bassy, but I find that this is caused by poor factory set up.

A pot rotates like 270 degrees. But let's say that a wah uses maybe 50 degrees of that sweep. Meaning that you can change which part of that 270 that it sweeps through. This can help you tweak the bass/treble sweep more to your liking.
Quote by forsaknazrael
A lot of people say that the Vox is also brighter, and the Dunlop is a bit muddy or too bassy, but I find that this is caused by poor factory set up.

A pot rotates like 270 degrees. But let's say that a wah uses maybe 50 degrees of that sweep. Meaning that you can change which part of that 270 that it sweeps through. This can help you tweak the bass/treble sweep more to your liking.

This is true, and I will most likely look into that as soon as I purchase the wah.

What I must say is selling me on the vox however is the cleanliness of it overall vs. the crybaby. I feel the crybaby gives more of a gain increase almost in a boost sort of way when engaging, and since as you could have already guessed i'm a funk monk, the vox is gonna suit me better in the long run.

Thanks for your help everyone, i'm gonna close this baby up.
Yeah, that lower emitter resistor also adds a tiny bit of gain. I wouldn't be surprised if the input buffer does a bit, too.

If you decide to spend more, there are tons more wahs out there I like better for funk.
A Colorsound Wah is great for funk, the Maestro Boomerang is great, and for modern productions, the Teese Wheels of Fire wah is very nice.
Quote by forsaknazrael
Yeah, that lower emitter resistor also adds a tiny bit of gain. I wouldn't be surprised if the input buffer does a bit, too.

If you decide to spend more, there are tons more wahs out there I like better for funk.
A Colorsound Wah is great for funk, the Maestro Boomerang is great, and for modern productions, the Teese Wheels of Fire wah is very nice.

Well, this is just my "stage 1" wah, haha.

I am just trying to grab something because i'm getting a LP studio for graduation so i'd really like to add some quick "flavor" to my funk and then add the "real spice" later, if you get what I mean.

So budget aside, since you obviously know your stuff about wah's, what's the best funk wah I could find out there?
Quote by forsaknazrael
Probably those three.

They all have a really wide and musical sweep. Check them out. Really smooth, and the sweep when used with chords is just so colorful. It's hard to describe.

No you have been an immense help. I just know what to look out for and try next time.

Thanks a bunch dude.
You're getting a Les Paul for funk? I just got rid of mine since I've been playing for funk. And the ultimate wah period is the Teese RMC3 whenever you save up. They run around $160 used for the newer version.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
Quote by forsaknazrael

I don't appreciate racism on these forums.

Vox has rights just like Dunlop. Racial slurs are absolutely inappropriate.