This is a song I wrote and am now performing for my good friend who committed suicide. It's simple, due to the structure of the song, but no less meaningful to me. It just outlines the shock and powerlessness I felt at the time, and am still feeling.

Was it all too much to take
Couldn’t bend and so you break
I was there and I watched you fall
But I didn’t think much of it at all

It’s so easy looking back
The signs we missed on the attack
What’s obvious now wasn’t so then
But I feel damned for my recollection

I tried, at least I know I did
To soothe the mind of one intrepid
In the light of a new day
But God there’s so much I want to say

But I feel damned for my recollection
First off, I'm sorry to hear abt your friend I Hope you'll eventually feel better, and I know it's hard to lose someone, but you will feel better, eventho it's not gonna be the same. Sorry :S

Now, your lyrics. honestly? I know you've lost a friend, but I'm still gonna crit your lyrics as I usually do. So don't think that those emotions are gonna get in the way, no worries. But I gotta say, that those are some nice lyrics. Really nice in fact. They have so much feeling, obviously, and it's actually nicely structured. I especially liked the first part which you wrote:

"Was it all too much to take
Couldn’t bend and so you break
I was there and I watched you fall
But I didn’t think much of it at all

But I feel damned for my recollection"

Very nice, and very passionate. Good job! It's obvious that you care, and if your friend were here to read the lyrics, I'm sure he'd be filled with pride and honer. Very nice job. And sorry once again.

C4C?

"The Inner Atributes"

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1320793
You used the emotion really well. The death of a friend must be a horrible experience and the feelings of despair, sadness and frustration come across. If these words were put to a slow guitar sound I think it'd sound great. And a really good memory to the person you've lost of course