well I've got some time off school, and I decided to do my first build. Anyway, I want to make a guitar for slide playing.. and I was thinking:
Fretless

what do you think?
Quote by BornToLooze

Damn straight, I actually got access to YouTube!! haha. my mom put on some block..
Okay I'm doing it
It's just a different sound, different way of voicing a song. If you like it then go for it. I happen to looove fretless bass. *If you like metal* check out Obscura their bassist has one.
I love fretless bass too, that's why I thought I should build a fretless axe. When I get the wood I'll start a build thread. Hopefully you guys can give me some pointers? would be helpfull
I have a fretless guitar, intonation is the only problem I find, I'm considering buying another fret board to defret and then add parts to the original fretboard where action is too high - i.e. 9th fret onwards.

HELLO!

you won't get the clangy sound of normal slide guitar, you'll gt a "Mwah" sound instead,butgo for it if you want it.
no sir away a papaya war is on
Maybe I'm crazy because I don't have a slide and I've never played one before but...
I don't think it should matter whether or not your guitar has frets to play slide since you don't fret the notes with a slide. Doesn't the slide just barely touch the strings?

Either way, fretted or not, playing with a slide will be the same... right?

Unless you are saying this will be a multipurpose guitar: for fretless AND slide playing...
I must say, now I am really interested in a fretless... someday...

You may want to consider just inlays where the frets would be, like a strip of maple or something that way you know where the frets are and intonation would be less of a problem.

████████████
████████████

RBY CYOA
Quote by TheBuddhistPalm
Maybe I'm crazy because I don't have a slide and I've never played one before but...
I don't think it should matter whether or not your guitar has frets to play slide since you don't fret the notes with a slide. Doesn't the slide just barely touch the strings?

Either way, fretted or not, playing with a slide will be the same... right?

Unless you are saying this will be a multipurpose guitar: for fretless AND slide playing...

yes, plus I thing it will give a smoother tone

You may want to consider just inlays where the frets would be, like a strip of maple or something that way you know where the frets are and intonation would be less of a problem.

yep. or just stickers or something while I'm still getting used to it
Just as a note, on my fretless I have the fret spaces marked in pen..

HELLO!