Cause i like hear in almost every song which has an acoustic guitar as the rhythm i noticed they seem to be able to get this sliding sound when they change chord, well that happens normally but it only makes a small noise so do they make the sound seem really exagerated how do they come up with is and is what kind of guitars are these possible on
Whoever said the telecasters were only made for country deserves a banjo slapping.
Rick_Diculous wrote:

A band's greatness is measured on Rock Band sales
It's the sound you get from almost all acoustic guitars, but why it's louder on some than others I dunno. Maybe because some are plugged into amplifiers, put up the treble a bit or something n it would probably make more of that noise.
You mean that scratching sound? I think that's only from having hard fingers from playing a lot of guitar, I also assume there's the option of emphasizing it in post production etc.
i see so its after recording trick no wonder i cant seem to hear it much on lives compared to records
Whoever said the telecasters were only made for country deserves a banjo slapping.
Rick_Diculous wrote:

i mean the scratching sound or that kind of swishing kind of sound when their hands move around the fretboard to change chord or position
Rick_Diculous wrote:

It is most noticeable on steel electro-acoustics when they are amplified.

To "exaggerate" it, plug your guitar in, and increase the treble through the amp.

Play bar chords so you have to slide everywhere, and focus mainly on the E shape as it covers the thicker (more scratchy) strings with your (in theory) very calloused index finger tip.

If it were me I would want to do in recording because it can emphasize certain rhythms, make the whole track seem more natural, and it adds a certain airyness to the acoustic guitar instead of just doing dull chords.

Not that I would do it in recording...
Quote by ronkun
i mean the scratching sound or that kind of swishing kind of sound when their hands move around the fretboard to change chord or position

I see what you're saying now- the sound of the friction between your fingers and the strings as they slide up and down the neck. Why would you want to emphasize that sound more?
slide when you switch chords
Quote by DeadSoloist
lol i have all the practice standing up when I used to play guitar hero 24/7 :P

Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
I don't care if you're joking or not.

Just no.

i want to do this to sound cool like they do haha but its too cliched though
Rick_Diculous wrote:

You can make it a bit louder by depressing the strings very lightly as you move your hand. So that the strings don't touch the fretboard at all but are a little towards them.

I practised it when I learn to play 'Gonna Leave You' =P
What they do while recording an acoustic guitar is seperatly record the guitar noise and the chords someone plays. Afterwards you can start mixing the desirable noise with the guitar and there you go.
i know what sound you're talking about because i make it a lot. i think its just something that certain people have and others don't. it could be from callouses because mine are pretty hard. it just happens though, i don't actually try to make the sound
my stuff:
schecter c-1+
ibanez rg3exfm1
schecter avenger 7-string with emgs
esp/ltd mh-50
peavey 6505+ 112 combo
tc electronic polytune
way huge green rhino
mxr micro flange
mxr smart gate
dunlop crybaby
I'm pretty sure that tone is there because the guitarist uses round wound strings(which make that noise) and because the guitar is most likely plugged into an amp.
Quote by L2112Lif
I put a ton of my capital into SW Airlines... The next day, THE NEXT DAY these nutters fly into the WTC. What the hell? Apparently no one wanted to fly anymore, and I was like "What gives? God damnit Osama, let me win a fuggin' game!"