alright....need help people, trying to decide between the cort M600 or the epiphone les paul standard or custom? cant seem to decide!

what do u all think? pros and cons etc etc

cheers!
Well they're going to do the same thing, you can't really pick them apart for major tonal differences. Okay yeah they're gonna sound different but not like a strat and a rg sound different. Try them out see which one feels nicer and sounds nicer to you.
Cort m600 is probably better value.
[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']Better than my plan, look at those perfect little dick suckin' lips!
Kid's a natural I tell yah!Orange Rockerverb 50 MKII
Marshall JCM 900 SL-X
Gibson Les Paul Studio Faded
Fender Mexican Standard Telecaster
Hey I built a guitar
Go for the Cort.
Gear:
MXR Super Badass -->
BOSS SD WAZA -->
FENDER CD 140 SCE -->
MXR M300 REVERB -->
TC ELECTRONIC FLASHBACK
ESP EC 401 VF TSB -->
BOSS KATANA HEAD 100 WATT -->
MILF Tease
well, I think quality wise, there's not too much difference.

Hardware wise, epiphone would be slightly better given that you buy the newer one. both will have tone pro bridge, but I heard that newer epiphones will come with better jack and selector... not to mention they have grover tuners (whereas M600s have, I believe, just normal cort diecast tuners).

Versatility wise, the M600 comes with coil tapping, allowing you more tones.

The deciding factor, I think, is what kind of sound you are looking for. I've tried M600, but I wasn't TOO impressed with the tone.... it's kinda like a lukewarm medium that's neither very bright nor warm (Of course, it's more versatile as I mentioned). It just doesn't give out that beefy les paul sound, if that's what you want...
Guitars:
* Custom "does-it-all" Strat
*'12 James Tyler Studio Elite HD Burning Water (HSH)
* EVH Wolfgang Special Stealth HT
Build quality should be better with the Cort. Never met a poor one and never met a very nice Epi. (maybe unlucky, maybe Ireland gets the bad ones) But as has been said, the Cort won't have quite the expected Les Paul sound.
I pick up my guitar and play
Just like Yesterday

T C Ellis Series 2 LP w/Skatterbrane Quiescence pups
Cort EVL-K6
Yamaha RGX211 modded
H&S Electric 12-string
Shaftsbury Ricki 4001
'84 Fender Yale
Roland Cube 15x

Quote by Lurcher
Build quality should be better with the Cort. Never met a poor one and never met a very nice Epi.

well, a lot of people tend to say that.... but I've actually seen a fair share of bad corts and good epis.
back in the days when cort guitars were actually made in korea, they were nice. Now, none of their models are manufactured in Korea (they all moved to indonesia, I believe). Since then, their quality began to slip, even with their higher end models (such as Neill Zaza signatures)

I used to spend a lot of time in instrument stores in Korea (which are, obviously, stacked with number of corts) and I would say that on average, their build quality isn't much better than epis. I'm not picking a side, but just saying what I found after trying out a bunch of each.

Also, some people (not saying you, Lurcher) just tend to speak against epi's QC because they HEAR from others that "epis sux" and tend to bluff on the QC of the lesser known brands (such as cort) because they are simply less popular...
Guitars:
* Custom "does-it-all" Strat
*'12 James Tyler Studio Elite HD Burning Water (HSH)
* EVH Wolfgang Special Stealth HT
I went for a used m600 (Korean),over a used epi ultra just because of the feel it had. The feel of a guitar will differ from person to person, but for me it was just a much more comfortable fit. And yes you can get a nice warm tone out of them. Also the coil splitting feature is nice. I play alot of diff classic rock covers in my band so I can do everything with this one guitar.
The best option, if you can do it, is bring a strap with you, pick an amp that is close to yours, and try them both standing up.
YA GOTTA HIT IT ON THE ONE
pics of gear updated on profile 11/16/09