I have been interested in building a small booth about 3" x 3" x 6.5". The main purpose of this will be for a home recording application. I want this booth to be as sound proof as possible while still being cheap to build. I have pesky neighbors, always making noise and my singing being way too loud for them to stand.

Does anyone have any idea what I could use both on the inside and outside of the booth? Also this little booth should sound pretty dead and reverb etc. can be added later to brighten and liven the sound.

Anyone have any ideas? will this even work? Is it a good idea if im having trouble with neighbors?

Would like to keep the overall cost very low, so any cheap materials for sound damnpaning/proofing? Thanks a lot guys
My Music
-Leave a rating, comment with link will C4C-
It would work, but its gonna cost money unfortunately.

Soundproofing is all about Mass and Decoupling, neither of them come cheap.

what you're basically doing is building a small room inside your existing space, with the new floor, walls and ceiling decoupled from the outside environment.

Take a look at THIS studio build and you will see how those kinds of walls are built. you will be building a small version of one of those rooms.

The John L Sayers forum ( http://www.johnlsayers.com/phpBB2/index.php) is a great place to learn about studio construction and acoustics, do a bit of reading.

depending on your situation it may be easier to just buy a proper Isolation Booth rather than attempt to DIY it. if any aspect of the build is flawed then the whole thing will be in-effective at what you want it to do.