Hi

I've changed my strings the other day and now i got string buzzing all over the place, i did some research, and i found out i can get rid of the buzzing sound by adjusting the bridge. Can i just take a screwdriver and start turning the screws untill the strings dont buzz anymore?

Sorry if my english sucks, i'm not english:P

thnx.
you'll need to adjust the action, and possibly your neck, there's plenty of tutorials on the internet on how to do both
DIMETHYLTRYPTAMINE
lol
Quote by --ESTRANGED--
you'll need to adjust the action, and possibly your neck, there's plenty of tutorials on the internet on how to do both

Can i just keep on raising/adjusting the action until the buzzing stops? Its 95% buzz-less now, but the action(bridge?) is quite high now(judging from how it was), can i just keep on raising it?
Last edited by B&J at Jun 7, 2010,
Quote by B&J
Can i just keep on raising/adjusting the action until the buzzing stops? Its 95% buzz-less now, but the action(bridge?) is quite high now(judging from how it was), can i just keep on raising it?

What guitar are we talking about here?
Gibson Les Paul Traditional - 11
Fender Stratocaster MIM - 04
Fender Mustang - 04
Taylor 214ce - 10
Raise the bridge slightly with the two big screws at the sides until the buzz goes away. Eventually strings flatten out and harden within a week and stop being quite so floppy.
Quote by mcconnachiea
Raise the bridge slightly with the two big screws at the sides until the buzz goes away. Eventually strings flatten out and harden within a week and stop being quite so floppy.

I hope its not a bad thing i changed the (tiny)other screws? The ones before the bridge (dont know the right word for it) Right now it sounds good. Btw whats the difference between raising the bridge and raising the thing in front of it?
On my gretsch that is the bridge, but in this situation I dont really know what you'd call it other then a stop bar or something.
Fender Mustang - 04
Taylor 214ce - 10
Last edited by teamhex at Jun 7, 2010,
Quote by teamhex
On my gretsch that is the bridge, but in this situation I dont really know what you'd call it other then a stop bar or something.

Thing is, both are raiseable even though i dont see the point in raising the end thing/stop bar, if you dont raise the thing (bridge) in front of it...

Anyway it sounds quite ok now, and i didnt lose too much playability And probably saved some cash

BTW i have to get through this stage everytime i switch strings? (Its the first time i changed strings myself, normally had it done in the shop)
Quote by B&J
Thing is, both are raiseable even though i dont see the point in raising the end thing/stop bar, if you dont raise the thing (bridge) in front of it...

Anyway it sounds quite ok now, and i didnt lose too much playability And probably saved some cash

BTW i have to get through this stage everytime i switch strings? (Its the first time i changed strings myself, normally had it done in the shop)

Your right, you dont raise the stop bar unless the bridge is raised. On that guitar its just there as a angle of relief so to speak. It depends on the strings, my fender acoustic was buzzing like crazy even though I put the right size strings on it, played it for 2-3 days and it went away. Sometimes you just need to break them in. Other times if you switch gauges you'll have to adjust according to size.
Fender Mustang - 04
Taylor 214ce - 10