Ok so after a few posts and searches. I think maybe I did actually have my head up my ass.

Anyway, Im looking for some help on a HOT set of passives for the bridge. Think Brootal. Death Metal/Thrash kinda stuff. I play through a 6505+ or Crate stealth 100w. Havent decided yet, But may go hot plate and run both.

I have it narrowed down so far to BG Hellarail or BKP Painkillers.

BUT, I also am interested in Motorcity Nuke, and Whoever makes the Ultraviolent 20's

The only problem is for the last 2 I can not find sound clips anywhere.

Does anyone have sound clips of Motor City Nuke or UV20???

Or can at least list a good comparison of those to the BKP or BG???

Thoughts, Suggestions, please
Reverbnation.com/offthewitness
Have you considered the Dimarzio DActivators? From what I've read and heard, they're pretty good.

(And I'm sorry, I hate it when people completely ignore what I'm asking, but I have not heard of either of the pickups that you've mentioned.)
ambiguous thread title is fail

I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc

I'd ask AcousticMirror...he's tried some of those...I think...I know he's had some BKP's
Yes I believe from an earlier post he mentions the Painkillers. Im really just trying to find soundclips for the Nukes and UV 20.

Alot of people talk about them, but hard to decide without hearing them first.
Quote by Dave_Mc

Are you not done with your flaming yet?
Lol actually I'll be honest, at first I was like "Wait, Nazis on UG? Ohhhh he means pickups!".
I don't care if you're an active nazi or a passive one... I ain't helping you with shit.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
Quote by maddnotez
Are you not done with your flaming yet?

oh there's lots more where that came from

i haven't tried any of those... i have a bkp miracle man/cold sweat set, but i don't think they're what you want, they're more 80s metal.

I'm guessing most people here won't have tried all of those. acoustic mirror might be your best bet, i think he's had the warpigs. bareknuckle forum is the place to go for info on bareknuckle pickups, but you won't get any info on your other options.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
oh there's lots more where that came from

i haven't tried any of those... i have a bkp miracle man/cold sweat set, but i don't think they're what you want, they're more 80s metal.

I'm guessing most people here won't have tried all of those. acoustic mirror might be your best bet, i think he's had the warpigs. bareknuckle forum is the place to go for info on bareknuckle pickups, but you won't get any info on your other options.

Cool thanks, ill have to check it out. The Warpigs are 22k, and Painkiller 15.6.

Ill have to double check but to me the Painkillers sounded better. Not sure if it was the guys rig or what.

I dont know alot about the resistance. i just figured More output = better tone for what Im looking for, but I dont really know.
And if resistance is the case. The most ive found so far are the RockMonkey SOB at 26k
Either of those BKPs are better than that Motorcity(though, it is a very nice pickup), but I've never heard of the other.
( )( )
( . .)
C('')('')

You will die.
Quote by tubetime86
I don't care if you're an active nazi or a passive one... I ain't helping you with shit.

haha not really looking for any help from someone with a grunge pedal.
Quote by Gradyogle
Either of those BKPs are better than that Motorcity(though, it is a very nice pickup), but I've never heard of the other.

Thanks, i like your quote. My old band used that as our slogan.
For Clarification I am not a Nazi. I was just always insiting that Actives were the way to go for death metal.
^ we know that, we're taking the piss

i wouldn't judge it solely on output, the pickup's gotta be voiced right for what you want. bkp also does a ceramic warpig, might be worth considering. those rockmonkey pickups are meant to be good, too, but i haven't tried them. i think there's a ug discount, too.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by maddnotez
haha not really looking for any help from someone with a grunge pedal.

Just kidding obviously, and I don't own a grunge pedal and never have... You just don't get the joke.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
Yea I went to the BKP forum and everyone swears by the Warpig.

www.bareknucklepickups.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?topic=1741&highlight=warpig
thats the best warpig clip I could find.

bareknucklepickups.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=13664.0
This is the BKP "Painkiller"

To me the Painkiller sounds alot better, and is more what I am looking for.

I still need to find some clips for Rock monkey beefbucker

Or maybe i should just buy a grunge pedal?
Quote by maddnotez
Or maybe i should just buy a grunge pedal?

+1
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
Quote by maddnotez

I dont know alot about the resistance.

Look what happened the LAST time you active Nazi's didn't know a lot about the resistance.

scoooorrreeeeebooaaaarrddddddddddddddd
Quote by josephde
Look what happened the LAST time you active Nazi's didn't know a lot about the resistance.

scoooorrreeeeebooaaaarrddddddddddddddd

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by josephde

There was only ONE active Nazi. The rest seemed pretty damned passive to me.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
Quote by Dave_Mc
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

sorry, this just came to mind instantly:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2eFFiNeht-0

EDIT: and to clarify, before someone decides to be a smartass, yes - i know its completely unrelated. thats just where the scoreboard thing came from
Last edited by josephde at Jun 7, 2010,
Quote by tubetime86
There was only ONE active Nazi. The rest seemed pretty damned passive to me.

ah another thread that delivers.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by maddnotez
I dont know alot about the resistance. i just figured More output = better tone for what Im looking for, but I dont really know.

Eh, I wouldn't jump to that conclusion so quickly. In my experience, the more out put a pickup has, the more it takes over your tone and the more dead it ends up sounding. Because of this, when I'm playing really heavy shit, I tend to gravitate towards medium/medium-high output pickups. They have better nuances, and cleaner cleans (I know you probably won't be playing much clean stuff if at all, but for me, even the most brutal music is worthy of some great clean tones )
Fender 72' Deluxe Tele
Schecter Damian Elite 7
Fender '62 Reissue Jazz Bass (MIJ)
Peavey XXX 212 (back on the East Coast)

Macbook Pro 15" Retina
Logic Pro X 10.0.7
Revalver 4
LePou Amp Sims
Ignite Amp Sims
LeCab2
RedWirez Impulses
Quote by AxSilentxLine
Although I haven't used them personally I hear that the BKP Painkillers or Warpigs are basically the best metal pups you can get for the price.

To be honest, the more and more I play my Warpig the more and more I don't really like it. It's just so loose and not actually clear. For some real down tuning and heavy gain I'd probably go with a Miracle Man. They are the tightest and most articulate BKP.
Guitars:
Ibanez UV777P
Ibanez RGD2127FX
Ibanez RG3120TW
Ibanez RGD7321
Ibanez RG6003FM
Ibanez SA160
Jackson Slatxmg3-7
Amps:
Baron Custom Amps K88
Rivera Knucklehead TRE
Fryette Sig: X